Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Crossing Switzerland

:? Ciao Les, all that you say about non motorway in Switzerland is correct, including 'gewichte' toll. But I wish you would enlighten me as to how you manage to get across to Italy without facing an Alpine pass and/or a tunnel? Unless of course you go Vaduz/Feldkirch into the Austrian Vorarlberg. Even then you have to do the Brenner.
saluti,
eddied

Hi Mate.
Now I am going to be totally honest here and admit that "I Don't Know" we always just put our final destinations into the Sat Nav and go where it takes us, The number of times that we are asked " Did you go Via ???" and so on and I have to say, "I Don't Know".

We certainly have travelled via Feldkirch in fact we did that route last year, We have also gone via Lindau and down to the Voralberg we have done passes But we have NEVER done Tunnels, We have gone over Brenner and down into Bolzano, The roads are fine and no problem at all, There is a way around or over every tunnel, and we have done them.

Just to enlighten when I say Tunnel I mean the multiple K ones ie Brenner Mont Blanc and so on, Obviousley there are shorter tunnels that need to be travelled through.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.