·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recognise this camping chair we are trying to buy
Lightweight
Folding
High enough back to relax against, adjustable would be a bonus
Firm enough to use at a table, not like a residential care home chair that you can,t get out of!
Thanks
Tel :lol:

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Re: CAMPING CHAIRS

brightsparkretired said:
Lightweight
Folding
Firm enough to use at a table, not like a residential care home chair that you can,t get out of!
Thanks
Lafuma, some good offers on ebay.

EG 2 x RSX for £169 (failry heavy mind )
Or Camp Elis for around £45 but no high back, Light as a feather, think you need the XL for that.

Trev.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chairs

chapter said:
maybe one of these
chapter
Thanks chapter I thought we had exhausted all the internet sites but they have a couple that might do the job. We have spent all day today looking at models we got off the net that appeared to be exactly what we wanted it was a different story when u sat in them! Anyway have sent for a cat. from Riversway
Thanks again
Tel

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Sorry a bit late picking up your thread BSR.

Last time out guess who :oops: forget to pack the recliners and was in trouble :roll:

So we called in at Spinney Motorhomes when passing and bought a pair of Lafuma Victoria folding chairs. Featherweight, not adjustable but very comfy, good for the table and easy to get out of, with good upper back support. Nothing fancy but an all round super chair at much, much less than the recliners.

I see that Riversway do them as well.

Highly recommended.

SDA

·
Registered
456 Posts
camping chairs - and spin dryers?

We bought 2 of the sort that fold up like an umbrella, with armrests, and a cup slot in the armrest, for under 10 euros each, from Decathlon, the French sportswear supermarket.

After a season's use, the foot on one of them broke, so we took it back and they replaced it free of charge.

Very comfortable, light and packable.

What I would really like to find though, is a small and relatively light spin dryer. It would transform hand-washing on Aires - surely they must exist?
If not, anyone producing one would be sold out in a flash. I would have thought you could use water as the weight or stabilising element, which would make them even lighter, but maybe that is not technically possible . . .

Helen

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Re: camping chairs - and spin dryers?

hmh said:
We bought 2 of the sort that fold up like an umbrella, with armrests, and a cup slot in the armrest, for under 10 euros each, from Decathlon, the French sportswear supermarket.

After a season's use, the foot on one of them broke, so we took it back and they replaced it free of charge.

Very comfortable, light and packable.

What I would really like to find though, is a small and relatively light spin dryer. It would transform hand-washing on Aires - surely they must exist?
If not, anyone producing one would be sold out in a flash. I would have thought you could use water as the weight or stabilising element, which would make them even lighter, but maybe that is not technically possible . . .

Helen
Try a salad spinner from Lakeland.

Well, it would do far a couple of pairs of socks :wink:

SDA

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
brightsparkretired said:
Lightweight
Folding
Thanks
We bought a couple of these 2 yrs ago and also ought the footrests as well. They are very lightweight and recline as well. We only paid £30 for them so they have gone up in price. They did have an online deal on sometime ago where you could get 2 for £50.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Re: camping chairs - and spin dryers?

Helen[/quote]

Do you want to have a seat incorporated in with your spin dryer .
You ladies want everthing, :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
870 Posts
We've been looking for a sturdy folding chair for some time.

SWMBO has a mobility problem which affects her ability of getting into and out of a chair. Most folding chairs are not well built , are too low and the arms of most folding chairs have a tendency to move when she tries to sit or rise. The only chairs which seems to work is a Director style, but this does not allow her to relax and lie back.

A sturdy folding lounger which is not controlled by the arms of the seat would be ideal, the height problem can be overcome.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.