Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been some discussion recently around different forums as to whether the Camping Cheques issued by the Caravan Club are the same as the Camping Cheques which have been around for a few years, see http://www.campingcheque.co.uk
and sold in the Uk through Mark Hammerton, Tunbridge Wells.

I have had a long chat with the Caravan Club this morning and having been given a full description of the service and the booklet (even down to the contents of the inside front cover), it seems that they are one and the same thing.

Gillian

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Recently got the Camping Cheque newsletter, in it they welcomed the Caravan Club and featured them at one of their major get togethers.
Looks as though there is a partnership now, wasn't aware there was a price difference tho. Really must read the bumph the CC send me. :oops:
8)

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dodger148 said:
Gill, Apart from the price!! Roger
Roger.

Quoting direct from the Camping Club Brochure:-
"As stated, the basic package includes seven European Camping Cheques but you may order as many additional cheques as you need at a cost of £9.95 per Cheque, in blocks of 5 Cheques.

............................. No refunds are allowed for any unused Cheques.".

So. Same price.

Gillian

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of interest I've just priced through the Caravan Club website:
Motorhome 7.25m long X 3m high and 2 persons
Out Tuesday 17th Aug 07.00 Return Wednesday 16th Sept 10.15

Price £174.00 (P&O)

On website http.www.campingcheque.co.uk
Exactly same details and journey but to include 15 Camping Cheques (minimum buy for 30 nights away)

Price £386.00
Subtract 15 Camping Cheques at £9.95 (=£149.25)
Price for ferry £236.75 (P&O)

Unfortunately there is no mechanism for buying ferry plus Camping Cheques from the Caravan Club website.

Gillian

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I apologise on the price issue I was going from 2003 info.

We had a mailing from Touring Cheques today, notice they have kept their price around last years Campg Chqs price but there is nowhere near the number of sites and you have to use the cheques in the current year. They will do a refund (in the cureent year) less a handling charge

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Following on from previous posts I note that this year in the scheme they have 401 campsites in 18 countries as against 331 in 17 countries in 2003 and 250 in 15 countries in 2002.

The most interesting for us is France where the number of campsites has risen to 150+ in 2004 from 120+ in 2003 and 107 in 2002.
Quite a growth rate.

Gillian

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I think the mail shot/mag (& I stand to corrected) said you only get certain benefits if you took out their card which cost you the camping cheques.

I cant see them charging customers for the directory etc as I for one would probably migrate elsewhere. They tried charging a couple of years ago. I explained, no directory no cheques, got one free each year since.

As for the newsletter I wouldnt miss it.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I rang the Caravan Club yesterday morning it was with the express purpose of finding out if the two Camping Cheque schemes were in fact one and the same. To that end my intention was simply to ask for the brochure which is mentioned in the Caravan Club's publication Travel Service in Europe.
"That will be £3.00", said the lady to whom I spoke.
"No thank you", said I "I've got one free direct from The Camping Cheque organisation as a previous customer, is it the same one?"

From there we had a conversation about the size and content from which I gathered that it is indeed the same booklet.
She did add that if I ordered the Cheques I would be sent one as a matter of course with the Cheques.

As a matter of interest, Camping Cheques do have a stand at the NEC show usually, manned at least in part by French representatives and I seem to remember that they give away the books free if you show an interest.

Gillian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.