Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there you all,
Well I must tell you about a site, which I will name and shame, that I happened to park upon for a mere three hours. After spending a week in Southern Ireland in September last year, we decided to finish off the weekend with our local Motorhome Club, which was supposed to be attending a camp site in Laugharne, West Wales. The site name was ANT's HILL Caravan and Camping Site. We arrived at 3am on the Saturday morning after coming off the Irish Ferry at 2am that morning. Because of the early hour, we parked up on the grass, as decided to contact the site owner/manger in the morning. At 6am I awake and set off to find the person-in-charge. After finding this person, I asked where the South & West Wales Motorhome Club were situated in the campsite? He informed me that they were not booked in this week, there had been a change to the venue apparently, but he didn't know where. I thanks him for the information and then asked how much I owed him for a 3 hours overnight stay, using no facilities whatsoever. The charge was £16.50. I left the site by 6.15am and will never return there again.

"You all take care out there"

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
All I can say is that they deserved to be named and shamed!! You should have parked on the road outside his house!!! What a shame some sites are the exception to the rule. Bet you were glad to get home?!! Ana xx

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I was also a little surprised, we took our first ever trip in a Motorhome which we took delivery of last Friday to Freshwater Beach in Dorset.

3 days from the 29th May - £139
I heard a lot of other people complaining.

The facilties were OK but dated

B

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
BERTHA said:
I was also a little surprised, we took our first ever trip in a Motorhome which we took delivery of last Friday to Freshwater Beach in Dorset.

3 days from the 29th May - £139
I heard a lot of other people complaining.

The facilties were OK but dated

B
Hello Bertha,

I have just looked on their website and they

QUOTE:- Fees from £12.00 to £25.00 just copied & pasted. here. I wouldnt even pay those prices. I am curious as to how that sum for 3 days was arrived at. It seems to me they decided to up the price for bankholiday weekend.

I will make sure I avoid that one

Motorhomer

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there you all,
Thanks for the interest in this subject. I have read all the posts and have noticed that some of us have had a worse time than I. So to turn the tables around a little, I would like to mention a site that I recently visited this last Bank Holiday Weekend. We stayed from the Friday to the Tuesday, with unlimited time on the Tuesday to leave the site. The total cost was £52.00, which included hard-standing, hook-up and the use of all the facilities including free showers etc This site was called Afon Teifi, Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire. If anyone is going this way in the near future, www.afonteifi.co.uk. will give you all the information you will require.

"Take care out there"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.