Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

We have a Boxer Hi top van conversion and it has comfortable cab seats, with 1 arm rest (not upholstered) on each seat. the seats are upholstered in a smart fabric to match the rest of the upholstery in the van.

However, the seats have not got head restraints and do not swivel, and being that the van is not exactly spacious (Great for 2, but when guests arrive!!!) I thought that swivel seats would increase the available seating (as well as solving the head restrant problem).

1/ How easy is it and how costly would it be to fit swivel captains seats?.

2/ What about matching the upholstery?

3/ Would I be better off keeping the original seats, fitting swivel plates and head restraints (and won't that make the seat too high)

What a lot of questions

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a reply back from tekseating, the quote was for swivel, captains seats, upholsered in a shade "neutral to the present upholstery"

£385 each...........a bit rich for me....
However I have had a looksee at a pals fiat cab (same as mine) and assuming I can source a pair cheaper, it seem I may need to fit a removeable steering wheel, in ordre to get the seats to swivel right round, I saw in a post that these were available but not cheap. Any idea where and how much?

·
Registered
187 Posts
My Mum & Dad have just had their entire MH reupholstered today including the Front seats

Try Regal Furnishings of Ilkeston for a price

Regards
Julie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.