Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I recently rejoined C&MC after a 4 year break. I’d previously been a member for 18 years. I think I must be getting a little confused in my advancing years and wondered if someone can put me straight?

I was looking at a club site to pre book in May for a few nights. Pitch was £18:50 and adult was £11:20 x 2 making a total of £42:40 per night.

Have I got that right?

For some reason I’d thought 2 adults were included for free as part of the membership?

Seems to have got very expensive if that’s not the case.

Picking our new van up today 😊

Lisa

·
Administrator
18,642 Posts
you pay for the pitch which inlcudes hook up, per person price is supposedly for use of the facilities. which site was this? I've looked at Abbey Wood in London for May bank holiday (half term) week, and it's £13.70 for the pitch, plus £11.60 for adults.

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
As said , they charge for pitch and adults separately. Until the end of March they are also knocking the VAT off and have done since the Govt brought the reduction for hospitality places tbf. If the Govt extend that then hopefully the C&M will too.

It does seem expensive though I agree. Check the stuff mentioned (Half term? Fully Serviced pitch? Non member price) or alternatively check the monthly rates on the site header page. It may be that wherever you are going have a festival/special event on that week so rates have been lifted?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Hello,Lisa ,
We are subscribers to the same business the caravan and motorhome business.I like it when the comic is delivered thru our letterbox.I find the article on new tow cars and new caravans and motorhomes very confusing.They seem to think that a £35,000 caravan is a very good price or a Skoda that costs an eye watering £30,000 plus is cheap in comparison. For me the words cheap and £30,000 do not belong in the same sentence.
I must be of an age where £30 to park your campervan on a piece of grass seems..........I won't go there.I do however find the ferry discounts when booked thru the Caravan Motorhome business is worth the money.I do think tho the price to park at the Whitewater caravan park Stockton on Tees England site is well worth the money ,especially for us un employed who can go mid week.I change from being 6 years un employed to state pensioner in April then I will be loaded and can afford to go at weekends

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
There are many £40 a night comments on many forums re the Caravan Club...as there were many comments when £30 was the problem!
Soon be £50 so make the best of it while you can!:surprise::surprise:>:)

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Hence my search for a piece of land near my daughter....

We are living in the van at the moment and staying near our house on a CL for £20 per night. I remember the days when we could find them for £3 per night! No facilities apart from water and a waste dump but that is all we need.
This site is lovely, to be fair, and does have a small, spotless, toilet block and water at the pitch.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
When we went to Oaktree Motorhomes in Nottingham last year for some repair work, we stayed at a CL just up the road. £8 per night, only had fresh water, grey disposal & toilet emptying point but very close to local commerce & nice views of the horses in the surrounding fields, oh and a pub a short walk away.

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
Oaktree of Nottingham were the barstuards who robbed us of our life's savings. See signature.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
No, Jean. In fact they mentioned that they had a fifth wheeler stay on site before and that it used a lot of electricity so they may have to charge us extra!

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
No, Jean. In fact they mentioned that they had a fifth wheeler stay on site before and that it used a lot of electricity so they may have to charge us extra!
Does a fifth wheel use more electricity than any other large unit Pat?

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
Only if you turn the switches to 'on'.

Ray.

Reactions: Devonboy

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
People say so :( Ours does have underfloor (wet) heating together with blown air heating along with all the other things like fridge and freezer. The heating can be set to gas or electric or a combination of both. This site owner told us that the last one that parked here used his air con all the time which we never use. Does the warm air use the same amount as air con? I don't know. I do turn it off when we are out and also turn the thermostat down.
The last I heard the farmer told Chris not to worry about it but we dare not ask for a discount.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.