Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just logged back on finding all the previous posts have gone so have to ask this and apologies to the many people who have answered these types of questions many times in the past..... I am going to France in July / August and fancy stopping at a few commercial sites with swimming pool preferably so that my 11 year old can have some fun. Last year we did nearly all aires but had to travel to public pools so it would be nice for her to have some onsite ammenities to keep her amused....Has anyone any recommendations as to which club to join to use their sites and how best to arrange it ( i.e. last minute bookings, turn up and book or well planned journey with pre bookings). I have tried france passion, slept in many aires but every so often just fancy that comfort, electric and privacy you dont always get in an aire.Thank you in advance to any answers

·
Registered
69 Posts
HI I currently am a member of the c&cc they have a carefree 2005 book published available to members which shows many sites in France which you can book in advance via the club as to ferries insurance and breakdown service the breakdown service is good used them the other year when exhaust fell off mh Membership number 02476475442 hpe this helps Paul.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Hi pecker,
Both CC & C&CC have brochures for overseas which include France but they are for booking sites but not actually CC or C&CC sites like in uk. Select Sites also have a brochure where you can book for France. Camping Cheques are useful but they can only be used out of peak season so I guess thats no good to you. The good thing is that all these brochures at least give you an idea of what the sites are like etc and of course you can book through the clubs/select sites.
Regards
Rita

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Off the cuff I would say that at the time of year you are travelling and for the aminities you need you would be best to book..
We use a campsite in the Dordogne regularly and know the owners well. He has told us on more than one occasion that he makes his money from being fully booked between the 2nd week in July and the 3rd week in August.

A comparison for 2005 :
The Caravan Club Travel service in Europe brochure lists about 140 sites in France
While the Carefree brochure for the Camping and Caravanning Club lists about 110/112

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.