Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
When parked up the factory fit radio/cd player on my van gives a problem when playing CDs. After inserting the CD it will play anywhere from between 5 o 20mins then stop, it will not eject for at least 10mins after stopping, sometimes taking as long as 20mins. It has done this since new and when reported to local Fiat people, the answer was that it is not covered under warranty, would have to be removed, sent away with subseqent costs. I declined. So any suggestion for a probable fix would be gratefully received. I am aware of the 20min shut down with regard to the radio.
viator

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,666 Posts
My advice, junk it and get a good quality unit, which will play MP3 files, put all your stuff onto a couple of CD's and worry no more, also a lot these days will take input from Ipod and memory sticks, even external hard disk drives via a USB slot.

Kev.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had similar problems on my Fiat x250 Blue spot (Blaupunkt). Contacted them direct. Very efficient, they arranged collection and delivery no charge as unit was under guarantee. Not sure if your radio/cd player is Blue Spot. If under warranty they will require BP number that is the serial number from the side of the radio, also proof of the purchase date.
Hope this helps.
All the best.
Fred.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all.
Kev.. I was already thinking along the line you suggest, as I have a lot of music on Flash Drive sticks.

Clodhopper 2006.. Originals or copies, makes no difference.

Now the good bit, Sunday morning, off to The Hebrides for 10 days.
viator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.