Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will be importing my Chausson Flash 03 into UK soon. I will need to get a MPH facia for the speedo from Lockwoods. Has anyone had any experience of fitting one to a Ford Transit? Mine is a 2012 model but I believe its the same as the 2006 onwards model.

It all looks a bit daunting to me and I'm quite concerned as to what might happen when I disconnect the control panel.

Many Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I haven't done one since 2005 so a different model but I suspect the job is very similar.
It's not difficult per-se but you do have to be VERY careful when removing the old overlay. ISTR that the really delicate bit was pulling the fuel and temperature guage fingers off.

What I did was to buy a knackered UK speedo from Ebay (or scrapyard) and swap the fascia overlays. That way you get to practice on the duff speedo before you have to do it on the one you're going to use. If you can pick up a duff speedo from the scrappie it should be quite a bit cheaper than one from Lockwoods, I think I paid £20 for mine.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gaspode. I think I might just ask Lockwood for a recommended fitter. I'm not too happy about disconnecting the whole control panel myself. I've heard that there could be issues with it being connected to the immobiliser etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.