Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say hello! I've had a look through the forum quite a bit and you motorhomers seem like a friendly bunch! I don't currently own a MH or intend to buy one but I am planning a road trip through Europe. What with easyjet being so cheap these days I figure motorhomers are the best bunch to speak to when it comes to driving :)

So I was just wondering what your opinions are on Eurotunnel / Fast Ferry services.

Eurotunnel is coming in around £160+ for the return trip. It's 35 minutes but a fair bit of faff before hand loading the thing up anyway.

LD Lines have a 1hr service from Dover to Boulogne in an hour for £50-100 but I guess the faffometer will be off the chart with that one. Though it would be nice to stretch the legs and get a coffee.

So anyone got any opinions or experiences with the fast ferry?

·
Premium Member
27,797 Posts
Hello dogzilla,
As we live in France and have to cross the Channel a little too often. Also as I am the main driver it's nice to take a leisurely 4 or 5 hour crossing to enable 'the driver' to relax and partake of a leisurely meal.

Cost is my only 'God' and whichever crossing offers the best connections and lowest price has my vote.

Why rush unless your in business.

Ray.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you shop at Tesco or have a Tesco credit card look at the info on this site regarding the Tunnel and Tesco deals.

We even use them for car day trips as well as the motorhome.

Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.