Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We must now look forward to his reign, the third with his name, Charles I was excited, Charles II died of a stroke after trying to resolve religious arguments, unsuccessfully.

Hopefully, Charles III will rapidly settle into his reign, as Head of the Commonwealth probably overseas travel is on the cards.

BUT, when will his Coronation be ?

My suggestion, echoing what others have said is - keeping the date of Elizabeth’s Coronation in the calendar for events such as Trooping the Colour.

Maybe, that will be declared a Public Holiday like today ?

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Yes I noticed his face quiver a bit Dave, not half as much as mine did though, it was an amazing day, I wonder if they had any idea of the amount of people that would be lining the streets, there will probably be the same amount for his Coronation.
He won´t age as well as his Mum though, he already looks very old.

·
Premium Member
18,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Growing old rapidly was IMO showed VERY clearly by President Biden today, he looked very much older now than when he became President - not that long ago, of course.

I suspect the strain of trying to do so much, for so many, in so many different places at once would cause any of us to age rapidly.

Charles has the close support of Camilla, Queen Consort, but, of course she is a little older than him.(75 c/w 73),
he will need her, if for no other reason than to be someone that he can open up with “after a bad day at the office”.

I was pleased to see a little evidence of his private grief - he deserves it, trying to grease and carry out so many public duties at the same time is an incredibly difficult task - one that he has fulfilled without any slips.

·
Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I suspect CR111 will have to bite his lip as he reads the King's Speech this year.

His politics are not a secret and definitely at odds with Truss and her puppet masters.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
I suspect CR11 will have to bite his lip as he reads the King's Speech this year.

His politics are not a secret and definitely at odds with Truss and her puppet masters.
CR11?

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,220 Posts
If he gets fed up he'll be C3PO.

• Haha
Reactions: GMJ and raynipper

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
He now has to give up all his campaigning. Must be very difficult for him. Of course he always knew that the day would come but to be in that position and not be able to really change anything must be very difficult. I was reading about all his properties today. He had a couple already and now he inherits a couple more and then there are the ones that belong to the nation. I think I read that he is in favour of reducing the number. Camilla has, apparently, kept her old place for such time as she may be left on her own should Charles pre decease her.

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
I wonder if William will now step up and become a little more outspoken on certain issues, taking over the mantle from his dad.

Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
I think it will be, among others, mental health that he campaigns on. With Kate I think it will be children that she focuses on. The early years are so important. Not sure if anyone else heard it but Jeremy Vine interviewed a chap, Pastor Mick Fleming, yesterday who suffered childhood trauma and turned to drugs and crime. He has written a book, which I have ordered, called Blown Away about the trauma and the life of crime that he engaged in before finding a faith. The early years are so important and politicians only ever play lip service to these issues.

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
I think Charles missed an opportunity in preventing Harry wear his military uniform.
Charles was king and empowered to allow that if he'd chosen. He didn't and I think a lot of people will see that as petty and spiteful.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I think Charles missed an opportunity in preventing Harry wear his military uniform.
Charles was king and empowered to allow that if he'd chosen. He didn't and I think a lot of people will see that as petty and spiteful.
I hope that is the case.
It might add weight to the discussion of whether we need them in this day and age

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,295 Posts
The early years are so important and politicians only ever play lip service to these issues.
I'm not sure that's true Pat. The Labour Govt put in place the Sure Start scheme which was well thought of. The Conservative Govt proceeded to dismantle it. I did hear something very recently that implied they'd finally realised how important early intervention is but will wait n see if there's any action.

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Pretty sure that even knowing early intervention is important won't produce any meaningful changes.
If you come from entitlement then you will be looked after. Otherwise it's just unimportant.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Some children's lives are mapped out for them, at both ends of the societal scale. It will take decades, generations for any political change to take effect. They only have interest in the next 5 years.
The only way to change the system, which perpetuates this, is revolution.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts