30,221 Posts
If he gets fed up he'll be C3PO.

• Haha
Reactions: GMJ and raynipper

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
Interesting comment Colin with which I think I largely agree so long as the definition of revolution isn't too narrow.

So a few questions.

Revolution as in forcing the introduction of PR or revolution as in the people taking to the streets?

Some of The People will understand taking to the streets readily enough but the organs of the press which tell them what they think won't be telling them to do that. Quite the reverse. They would also resist PR and tell the people what a bad thing The People think it is.

So how does the revolution look, where do the ideas come from and who or what starts it and leads it? I have pondered this often but these are questions I haven't been able to answer. The only revolution I see as a possibility in England would be a right wing one led by some new Farage/Johnson/Trump clone.

I am very keen to hear more.

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
I see it the same way Colin.

The People won't revolt because they will have been made to think the enemy isn't the system.

Reactions: dghr272 and Relyat

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
Why shouldn't the Royals be a series of disfuncional families? It's the norm everywhere.

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
I see for and against the Royal family,
for instance, these people forgot all about the rest of the world while they watched, many of them watched most of the day as I did,
An average of 26.2 million people watched the hour of the Queen's funeral service in Westminster Abbey on TV screens, according to the Broadcasters' Audience Research Board.
But who do we believe here because this says----- Queen Elizabeth II’s Funeral Watched By 37.5M Viewers In UK.
I bet non of those that watched all day thought about Mr. Putin or what they were going to eat that day or how they will be able to keep warm this winter.

Against what I don´t understand is, if the late queen had a big say in what was going to happen at her funeral why doesn't she or her estate have to pay for it. That doesn't seem right to me.

My view is, you can talk about it, hope they will disappear eventually, but I am sure it won´t happen in our lifetime or your Children, grandchildren, or even great grandchildren's lifetime, but it is a real conversation maker, thats another for thing. 😁

I'm not sure that it's possible to measure the worth of a group of people or institution by the number of viewers they/it can attract on television.

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
I understand that The Sopranos was quite popular world wide and yet it's hard to think of a less pleasant bunch.

Perhaps a thing can be popular because it is entertaining/fascinating without it necessarily being a good thing. People watch war footage and car crashes attract gawkers.

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
Well actually I thoroughly enjoyed The Sopranos, many millions did.

But I wasn't comparing it to anything. I was commenting on it's popularity

Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
Seems an absurd demand and I hope it will be seen widely as a complete misunderstanding on the part of the palace of the relationship the monarchy has with Britain. What they do in public is public.

If there is any sense in the palace they will find a way to climb down very quickly before it gets a lot of publicity.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
It hasn't had a mention on Today. Maybe it's been withdrawn as a misunderstanding.

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,221 Posts
The are just now running a very jolly item on the new King and his interest in artisan cheese.

The biggest royal story of the day gets ignored, if it is for real.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts