Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We must now look forward to his reign, the third with his name, Charles I was excited, Charles II died of a stroke after trying to resolve religious arguments, unsuccessfully.

Hopefully, Charles III will rapidly settle into his reign, as Head of the Commonwealth probably overseas travel is on the cards.

BUT, when will his Coronation be ?

My suggestion, echoing what others have said is - keeping the date of Elizabeth’s Coronation in the calendar for events such as Trooping the Colour.

Maybe, that will be declared a Public Holiday like today ?

·
Premium Member
18,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Growing old rapidly was IMO showed VERY clearly by President Biden today, he looked very much older now than when he became President - not that long ago, of course.

I suspect the strain of trying to do so much, for so many, in so many different places at once would cause any of us to age rapidly.

Charles has the close support of Camilla, Queen Consort, but, of course she is a little older than him.(75 c/w 73),
he will need her, if for no other reason than to be someone that he can open up with “after a bad day at the office”.

I was pleased to see a little evidence of his private grief - he deserves it, trying to grease and carry out so many public duties at the same time is an incredibly difficult task - one that he has fulfilled without any slips.

·
Premium Member
18,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
1. The Palace does not have the legal right to ban such things - theyare already in the public broadcast category and they have lost all rights over such things - are they going to demand everyone deletes such items from their recordings made at the time ?

Totally preposterous. If the Palace continues to insist the broadcasters should refuse to obey and let it go to Court. The Palace would lose, both in the Justice Courts and in public opinion. Such an event will strengthen the move to abolish the Monarchies privileges.

2. if they continue, then ALL public broadcasters should refuse to cover ANY Royal events while the dispute continues but as the BBC is a “”public service broadcaster” the Government can insist they cover it - more Justice Court time for HRH.

The Court of St James is getting into a battle they must not be allowed to win, if they are then the tail will be wagging the dog.

Maybe a much closer investigation into Royal finances needs to be offered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts