Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to start this one off (plus I've got to get me spanners back!!). We got a really good deal from P&O on line, £99 return Dover Calais for a late July to late August, for 6.75metre with up to 5 passengers (more could be booked at extra charge). Since then our friends got similar deal leaving and returning one week later for £107, they usually go with Eurotunnel so did not get the 10% previous customer discount.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep Dodger I did thank Norfolkline for helping to bring costs down in the origional posting on the damaged site, pointing out that I have been using P&O, and Townsend Thorenson before them, and in fact I was paying £200 to £300 return in those days!
I only wanted to kick this section off because it's seems such a shame to have so many 0 in the end boxes and I thought that if everyone puts on what they can remember posting then hopefully we will end up with somethig approaching what we had. (besides I've got to get all my spanners back!!)
Loury777, I don't think I am worried about P&O going under, that can happen with any company these days, with only £99 at stake I'll risk it. LOL
I always go back to where I have had good service, I never worry about pinching pennies (or pounds for that matter) I have nothing but praise for all my dealings with P&O.

·
Registered
15 Posts

It was Speedferries that brought about the good prices we are enjoying now thats why I am using them to cross in 2 weeks time instead of Norfolkline and P&O.

Andy.............

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Grizzly

No I just booked on line, my choice of sailing times does coincide with the 'L' crossings (Litenight) anyway but they did give a discount for being a previous customer, 10% I think. Like I said our friends booked 2 to 3 weeks after us for crossings a week different to ours and still got a good price (£107).
In case you wondered I usually use Litenight crossings and appart from not having full blown meals being served, just snacks and drinks, they are no different, in my experience, to any other P&O crossing. (still have Duty Free etc.)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ferry tickets

We are sticking with Norfolkline mainly because they do not take foot passengers nor coaches at the moment.Also no problems with height or length.Standard motorhome fare of £88 return all this year up to 7m and 9 passengers.The three brand new ferries are due in September'05 December'05 and July'06.Theyare to have separate decks for tourist and freight,and three restaurants.We rarely travel on a return crossing we have booked and they don't charge for changing.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats just one of the reasons that I like the P&O Litenite crossings, appart the fact that they suit my travel arrangments, they tend not to have coaches or footpassengers and are generally quieter.

·
Premium Member
11,420 Posts
I always used to travel P£O Dover/Calais, mainly for the flexibility of crossings and you could get a fairly decent price through the Caravan Club, however prices have crept up over the past few years and this year we have 'jumped ship' and gone to Norfolkline, although a longer crossing the price is great at £88 rtn with no unreasonable dimension restrictions and the option of jumping on an earlier ferry with no cost penalty. We did look at Speedferries who have great prices but they are implementing a 2mtr width limit this year (I was refused booking at 2.10 mtrs wide) which effectively cancels out all coachbuilt motorhomes. As far as i'm concerned, this is their loss and Norfolklines gain! If P&O genuinely reduce their prices to an acceptable level across the board then i'd go back to them straight away.

pj

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.