Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I could've sworn that i put an ad on here last night for Tesco Clubcard. :eek: :wink:
Basically, we use Tesco - clubcard and Visacard - and get 75% off P&O ferry tickets, which suits 'cos we usually use Hull, - being up in the dim and distant North, and I'd rather drive thro' France, Belgium, than England! :wink:
try again - press the right button you fool! :oops:

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, dodger
Basically, you spend enough money to qualify for the 75% rather than 50%, trade the clubcard vouchers for ferry tickets at a rate x4. ie clubcard vouchers worth £100 gets ferry vouchers for £400
then spend about 10 minutes premium rate trying to have a sensible conversation with P&O.
You pay full whack at P&O, less any discounts for early booking.
Just booked tickets 2 adults, camper >2.4m height 5<>6m length,
[so i think yoiurs would come under the same heading - van is actually 2.4m but don't fancy risking it! - certainly not for the difference in price]
Portsmouth - Cherbourg + day cabin £190 May 25th
Zeebrugge - Hull + cabin £230 June 17th
total £420 cost to me £400 in vouchers face value £100 plus £20 balance
thus £120. 8)
do main shop at Tesco anyway, i think you have to spend an average of £60 per week for 13 weeks to qualify for top rate, other wise trade value is x2; £100 vouchers gets £200 in ferry tickets, which is still better than the clubs. Particularly since they seem to devote most of their energies to getting caravans on free [bitter moi! :twisted: ]

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi gang, I'm back - didya miss me,
No, oh well.
I spoke to P&O about price differential mentioned by dodger - they came up with some feeble excuse about internet booking charges v telephone booking charges, the day of the week, the prevailing wind direction and tide tables, whether there was an r in the month or just the day
etc etc etc etc etc etc so, no change there then. Still in 4 and a bit months we will be there!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.