Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Choosing New Golf Clubs - Advice?

8K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  LazyRover 
Hi Suggest you go to your local American Golf Shop, If you are in Hull there is one there they have an area where you can test them and also try them, They will also accept a Barter.

I can highly recommend the Ping G5 I used to have a double figure handicap and never seemed to be able to get any better, I tried numerous sets of clubs with always the same outcome.

Got a set of G5's from my local American Pro Golf shop and three weeks later I was down to single figure handicap and getting better.

If you go to www.americangolf.co.uk you can look at all various club sets and get your local store address.

Also agree most clubs now come in sets 4 - 9 plus SW - W

The Hybrid clubs 19 = 3 wood Hybrid 21 = 5 wood excellent

Damchief said:
I would definately buy a set of Ping and have them custom fitted (which is free) at Ping in Gainsborough. My handicap has dropped from 16 to 9 since I had my clubs PROPERLY fitted. Do not get fitted by American discount, etc, as you would be wasting your time and money.
Totally agree.

you can watch them fit them for you, It is brilliant and as you are not far away from them go for it.

You pay a bit extra for the clubs but well worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.