Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
anybody know of a class 4 testing station in hampshire mainly southampton area that has the capacity for 4ton phgv tests on a single rear axel?

recommendations prefered, or has anyone used their local vosa site ?

tramp

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Not exactly 'Southampton' but I travel to Atkins Transport near Guildford, and make a day out of it. They can accommodate large vehicles: are friendly, interested and helpful. I have used them for the last three MOT's after having failed to find anywhere suitable within a reasonable distance of Basingstoke. I had previously used them for 'classic' bus MOT's so knew they were good. There is a huge layby / service road outside their premises where I stop for lunch before the MOT.

If you are prepared to travel that far, and have a day out, I'll find the contact details for you.

Harvey

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hi Russell

Not near Southampton but if you want to travel up to Farnham, my MOT man could probably do it for you. Get in touch if you need details.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Used Atkins for MOT on our Eura Mobil Integra 810 today.

They easily accommodated the 4.8m wheelbase and 8.2m overall length.

Very friendly and knowledgeable and free coffee to boot!

Thanks for the recommendations by others and I will be using them every year. :lol:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi, we got the van serviced and MOT'd at Motomex in Havant Tel: 02392470224 we also had a habitation service at the place next door - Mitchell & James Caravans Ltd. They work together and passed the van over between them. Very friendly service from both. Post code for the GPS - PO9 1JT
Not that close to Southampton but maybe of use to others in the area

Mike

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I used the VOSA site to MOT our car. I asked about the truck, he said they could do it as long as it didn't exceed 4 tonne, as that was the limit of the ramp.
They do all the MOT/servicing for the council vehicles.

Our car could have failed on a side light bulb, but the chap gave me the bulb and I hastily slapped it in... job done for another year.

MOT cost was £40.

w

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
......and if anyone else wants to give Atkins a try, they are

Atkins Transport and their direct dial to the MOT station is 01483213119. They are located north of Guildford by pass just off and alongside the A3 on the junction for Send. Try multi map on their post code of GU23 7LN if you haven’t been before.

I know they aren't in Hampshire but Hampshire is a big county and they are not far from bits of it :D certainly quite convenient for those of us in the north of the county.

Harvey

p.s. they have some good 'classic' bus photo's in the office provided by their happy customers

·
Premium Member
9,552 Posts
Try the County Council's maintenance depot, most operate as a business and are not prone to the "Oh we could do with a bit of work so lets fail the next couple of MOT's" syndrome !!

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
efinmadsl said:
where is this one in Farnham???
Brian
Hi Brian

The place I use is Merityre, usually called "Farnham Tyre & Exhaust", they operate from the old railway goods shed behind the station car park. They can get high vehicles into the workshop but have recently had a new MOT ramp installed which was awaiting weight testing for over 3.5 tonnes last time I called so they may have a weight limit ATM. Call them on 01252 733133 and talk to Simon the manager, he's got a M/H so understands our requirements. You can tell him I referred you but of course that could always backfire on you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi spoke a little while ago with Rob Rymer the new owner of Shootash Garage and he was quite happy for me to put his garage on here as available for RV/Motorhome MOT's they have a pit so no need for a ramp.

The address is:

Shootash Garage, Salisbury Road, Romsey, SO51 6GA near Southampton.

It is on the A27 approximately 2 miles from Romsey and they can MOT any size RV

Best approached from the Romsey direction in most motorhome/RV's.

Regards Pat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.