Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The company supplying these clutches have trained me on the installation and setting of these clutches.
If you want information, need one fitting, resetting or just discuss how it works please contact me.
JimtheFish

·
Registered
397 Posts
Whats a Click and Go clutch and how much does it cost.
Eddie
:?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rapido said:
Whats a Click and Go clutch and how much does it cost.
Eddie
:?: :?: :?: :?:
Hi Eddie, Its a system that does away with the need to use the clutch, it turns your vehicle into an semi automatic (you just need to change gear. It about £1000 fitted, however three distinct advantages are, same fuel economy as a manual, you can take it off and put on another motorhome when you change your RV and at the flick of a switch you can go back to a standard gearchange.
have a look on www.vehvac.com

Jim

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto clutch explained

The Auto clutch can be turned On/Off by a dashboard switch, the red square is my reversing sensor warning and not part of the system.

Under the bonnet is a small electronic motor about the size of a video cassette with a small electric motor attached. There is a wire connected to the alternator to detect the engine revs for controlling the system.

Putting your foot on the brake pedal when you start the engine energises the system, the clutch will go down. (It is now active until you turn off the ignition)

You can put it into first or any gear, by lifting off the break the clutch comes up and holds the clutch just gripping the gears (like an automatic)

By pressing the accelerator the car moves forward.

Press the button on the gear stick as you change gear

The system works exactly as a standard gearbox, it does not reduce the MPG or the performance, and indeed it's so responsive I can make the front wheels spin without stalling the engine. It intimidates possible boy racers who are determined to beat you off from the lights.

The only difference is you don't need your left leg for the clutch

By switching off the system it reverts back to a standard clutch engaged system.

Changing down is the same, but when the vehicle falls below 5MPH the system disengages the clutch.

A super system not only for the disabled but able bodied drivers, the vehicle technicians at Vevac (the suppliers) use the system when in heavy traffic around the M25.

It costs over £1100 including VAT, but the advantage is it can be taken off your present vehicle, and fitted on any new purchases you make. I have had a similar system for 30 years and only changed to the latest system because it's electronic and more responsive and reliable. It does not need adjusting as it reacts to clutch wear.

I fit the system however your nearest supplier is http://www.vehvac.co.uk/car-owner-driver/auto-clutch.htm just south of London, they will do it whilst you wait. Fitting takes a good 6-7 hours. It takes about 10 min to get use to the system but you can switch it off for driving home if you want to practice in familiar surroundings.

Not mastered how to insert pictures to this site so if you want pictures please send your email address to [email protected]

Hope this helps

Jim the fish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.