Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Maybe a silly question but why are the co-ords in the MHF campsite database to 14 decimal places. What GPS system will take these co-ords?
I have no problem with "all the aires" and the ACSI guide as their co-ords can be entered straight into TomTom.
Cheers Sid

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,653 Posts
Hi Sid,

i asked the same question a while back, i can't remember the exact answer but it's something to do with the page itself I think.

You can also put these into tomtom, just configure it to degrees and just put in the first five after the decimal point.

there is something else but I'll need to go find it.

Kev.

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
Hi Sid

The locations get entered into the database when the entry is made by a member clicking the EXACT location onto a map at the end of the entry process . The map is provided by Googlemap and that works to that many decimal places.

When you want to enter a location into a GPS that takes less decimal places , lets say 5 decimal places just "round up" the last decimal place .
( if the 6th number is 5 or above then add one to the 5th number)

example:

51.93198844679549 becomes 51.93199
0.33748626708984375 becomes 0.33749

Mike

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
Kev_n_Liz said:
Typical mod uses loads more worms to say the same thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wish i was a mod :lol: :lol: :lol:

kev.
Best post this week Kev ............

and when I read the last bit I did not laugh...honestly :roll: it was more of a very loud smile and the coffee I was trying to drink came down my nose :lol: :lol: :lol: you made my day :wink:

Mike

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,653 Posts
Sid was obviously impressed too.

Glad I can serve some useful purpose today, as running wires in the MH is not much fun, almost every panel I try to run behind has been glued in by some gorilla who ran wires through the same way. Grrrrrrrr.

Got wires running from batt to reg areas, left enough to continue up to panel later, fitted new bolts to stop garage door locks from falling off every time I open it, well solid 5mm caps with nyloc nuts through a nicely powder coated plate courtesy of Triple S Powder Coating at Bingley, Cheers Andy, just need to find an easier method of opening it as the Laika method is SH1TE, lovely locks, crap handles/levers not enough leverage.

Sorted my 3 way 12v socket thingy in the over cab cupboard so now got power for the Tomtom all out of site except last 6"

I was going to mount the panel today but him upstairs decided to pee on me.

Kev.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.