Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colour Themes

I am missing something !!! (no rude comments)

One of the PCs is set up with a nice dark blue text on an off white or whatever back ground and very readable

This morning I tried to change the other from the purple or whatever colour it is and the option button wasnt there anymore ??

I thought Dave may have rationalised and so for the next session went on the one with the Blue Text and it was still here

Can anybody help please as the purple isnt too good if your are sight impaired

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
:D Hi dodger148. If you go to Your Account then Select Theme you should have a choice of Aphrodite/Platinum/Kashmir.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had done that but the option icons wernt there,
however I have just swopped over the the machine that had the purple scheme on and the icons are back there again and allowed me to change to the same as the other pc- the mind boggles.

Hope this machine not going doolally now I am fed up this week doing graphics cards/drivers etc, on different machines with another tommorrow thats started "loosing data" "for no reason"!!!!!!

Thanks for coming back to me

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
8O Could be a Virus attack coming on. Hope not. 8O My son keeps running his Computer without checking if his Firewall and Virus protection is active. Sooner or later the computer goes ppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Dad has to sort it out again for him. He's 30 years old for God sake. 8O

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you need to be on guard,
here we have firewall in the router, Zone Alarm Pro and XP SP2 Firewall, AntiVir on this machine, ZA Pro and AntiVir on the other desktop, and Adaware on both, they are scanned daily and updated daily.

Too many people think they can just install protection software and forget it. One machine this week "has an uptodate frewall and antivirus program on said the owner" AntiVirus was last updated January 2005 !!!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
:D Sounds like we have similar problems dodger148. When I go to Spain I have to re-install everthing back on our English friends computer and update the Norton Virus for which they pay. Then when our Dutch friends arrive in Spain we have to set up their computer to access emails and check for viruses. Then we also have to set up the Satellite for them. They do however treat us to some very nice meals. :D Then when I get back to the UK I have to start re-building my son's computer. 8O

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.