Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comet Electricals have a good offer on at the moment 15" flat screen TV c/w Freeview, DVD drive, HD ready and 12v input All for £140!
For an extra £44 you can have five years guarantee new for old replacement.

Model: Kenmark LVD1586D It has all the usual features like auto tune.

I know three people who have bought - all delighted.

BTW I have no connection with Comet Electricals.

Tco

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
greenasthegrass said:
Can these be viewed at an angle with a decent picture? we have a tv hole slidey in cabinet thingy and its around 5 feet up so if you are sat down our tv you tend to get a bit of a dark image.

Greenie :lol:
Hi Greenie

ours is about the same height as yours but our bracket allows us to tilt it up, down and left to right ect.

steve

·
Registered
249 Posts
tco said:
Comet Electricals have a good offer on at the moment 15" flat screen TV c/w Freeview, DVD drive, HD ready and 12v input All for £140!
For an extra £44 you can have five years guarantee new for old replacement.

Model: Kenmark LVD1586D It has all the usual features like auto tune.

I know three people who have bought - all delighted.

BTW I have no connection with Comet Electricals.

Tco
ive just bougt this tv on tuesday ive mounted it in the motorhome and it has a really good picture well chuffed with it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tobysmumndad said:
Can you confirm it has 12V input? The Comet site doesn't say so in the spec.
Yes the only power input is 12v. It is driven by a transformer down from 240v. (supplied)

I noticed that ommission in the spec list too.

Tco.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Don't forget these tv's arn't protected against the voltage changes that you get in your camper... as a previous poster said, protect your set with a voltage regulator... lots of people will now post and tell you they have been running their tv straight from the battery for years with no adverse effects, but I can tell you about many more that have burnt sets out with over voltage!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi strange one this, on the Comet site they say it's 110/ 230V only. I mailed them and they confirm it is not 12volt, yet when I get the instructions up on pdf it shows a 12 volt inlet. As I'm in France I want to buy one and have it delivered to an UK address as we are visiting in 3 weeks. I know you've been asked the question but please could you confirm that it is 12 volt and that it has a lead. Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
Snelly said:
Don't forget these tv's arn't protected against the voltage changes that you get in your camper... as a previous poster said, protect your set with a voltage regulator... lots of people will now post and tell you they have been running their tv straight from the battery for years with no adverse effects, but I can tell you about many more that have burnt sets out with over voltage!
You'd only get overvoltage if you started your engine when the TV's still hooked up, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
john79 said:
Hi strange one this, on the Comet site they say it's 110/ 230V only. I mailed them and they confirm it is not 12volt, yet when I get the instructions up on pdf it shows a 12 volt inlet. As I'm in France I want to buy one and have it delivered to an UK address as we are visiting in 3 weeks. I know you've been asked the question but please could you confirm that it is 12 volt and that it has a lead. Thanks
They are supplied with a 240v lead which has a step down transformer in line so the tv actually runs off of 12v.

There are 2 ways of using this tv without a ehu,either use an inverter with the supplied cable or replace the supplied cable with an amperor 12v stabilised supply.

You'd only get overvoltage if you started your engine when the TV's still hooked up, wouldn't you?

You could get an overvoltage from the on board 12v. charger.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.