Motorhome Facts Forum banner
641 - 660 of 683 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I have not found anything on the new site that is not as good as on the old one and much that is better.Except.............
Human body Sleeve Gesture Font Art

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Yes, I realise that Graham but when it's a while since activity on the thread then it's way down the list - on the 2nd page today - and you have to search thro all the others.

Tbf you didn't say how old the threads were that you were looking for hence my factual reply!

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
2 problems -

1. I have 'Quoted' a few posts n not gone ahead with the message. I now have 4 quotes sitting to be used n I don't know how to delete them.

2. I 'multiquoted' Mike n Kev but couldn't see how to progress that. Having muliquoted the 2 I then hit Reply on the 2nd - but my reply quoted ONLY the 2nd.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
😂😂😂 Praise from Kev! (if a little grudging!)
Well I try to be fair, but still a lot I don't like and a lot of asked questions not answered, some not even acknowledged or likely to be.

While the site as a whole is sort of okay, it's not what I can consider an upgrade or even an update as it is so very different to the old MHF in many ways as has been mentioned by many in this thread, it seems from mentions on other VS forums that they simply want to have all their forums look and work the same to make their life easier not to make our forums better.

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts
2 problems -

1. I have 'Quoted' a few posts n not gone ahead with the message. I now have 4 quotes sitting to be used n I don't know how to delete them.

2. I 'multiquoted' Mike n Kev but couldn't see how to progress that. Having muliquoted the 2 I then hit Reply on the 2nd - but my reply quoted ONLY the 2nd.
One of the problems mentioned a few times Jean but so far not actioned by VS also delete in general I just select all and put a few dots, but it is a bit pants TBH.

·
Administrator
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
2 problems -

If you quote a message and decide not to, you can always just remove (delete) that quote. If you multi-quote messages, when you click on "Insert Quotes" there should be an option to remove them before choosing to actually Insert.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Darkness Multimedia

And just a reminder, in case anyone needs it.

How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

~Mike D

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
While the site as a whole is sort of okay, it's not what I can consider an upgrade or even an update as it is so very different to the old MHF in many ways as has been mentioned by many in this thread, it seems from mentions on other VS forums that they simply want to have all their forums look and work the same to make their life easier not to make our forums better.
I think, to be fair, most people DO think the site is better for the upgrade.
Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".
Perfect, thanks Mike. And also for the how to do a partial quote easily. I'm liking it more n more - if I can remember all this stuff!

·
Administrator
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #651 ·

The site will be transitioning from the dedicated support team (who works primarily with helping members transition to the new platform) over to our regular tech support team. Although this means it may take us a bit longer to respond to your questions, we will continue to be here for you and the community.

Please remember to check out the site FAQ's and reach out via the Site Help and Suggestion Forum for further assistance.

- Community Management Team

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts
I wrote the below post to the other thread but you closed that one too :rolleyes: but thanks for reopening this one, it's a more sensible move I think to have a place where forum operation can be discussed and hopefully some of the issues sorted out, it is all possible to do, it just needs the will and staff who are worth their keep.

"Yes Mike, but apart from a few positive responses it was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, but it was at least encouraging until it was closed, a very negative move IMHO and the team you mention will be as much use as it ever has been IE not very much.

Looking at the posts it's looking like a sinking ship to me, I'll hang on while people are still posting anything I can help with but it's not looking very good considering the time and effort a lot of people have put into making this one of the best forums only for this to happen, but VS do this to every forum they take on and we were warned at the time."

·
Premium Member
22,820 Posts
I think many of us are still waiting for the reinstatement of the avatars as before, the current ones are too small and no animation is allowed.

Why is this so ?

it has been mentioned several times before and I believe that we were assured that it would be looked at to see if it was technically possible. I don’t think there has been any update on that.

The number of active members has declined to probably less than 20, I realise that this is an insignificant number, but surely it is better than 5 or 2 ? Is there any strategy to increase numbers ? If so, we can all participate and encourage, but at present people are dropping g in for one problem, getting help with that and then disappearing without even an account of how they solved the problem.

Does VS have any strategies ?

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts
Yes Dave, VS strategies include as far as possible collecting revenue and ignoring requests for the stuff we got used to having.

I also think that as there are so few of us actually not hiding our heads in the sand they will continue to do nothing positive, I am happy to eat my words, but fear I will go hungry.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Thank you VS and Mike for reinstating this thread.
Now I need some back up here.......................but I really like the new site and as I have said it is at least as good as the old one. Except for.........well I'm not going to say it again :p :p

I don't know what to expect for free and I'm happy that VS main strategy is to make money.........what else would you expect in this modern world................does anyone know of any other sites run as a charity.
As far as I can see they have tried to respond (in detail) to peoples issues..........but it carries on.
This is the feedback thread not the complainers thread.
If as Dave says there are 20 active members and many of them complain about the site but it's a good place to advertise ????? well what would be your business strategy in that case.

Please if you don't like it go elsewhere................Kev you say you have other sites that you visit much more often and that you value much more.
I certainly don't want you to go but if it continues in the same way I fear some of us may lose the very thing we enjoy..............OR are we part of a war to big up other sites to go to when we lose this one.(I don't think that......but worth thinking about?)

Moaning about VS is becoming tediously counter productive...............anyone else ?????

BOUNCE ON RUN FREE
Human body Sleeve Gesture Font Art

641 - 660 of 683 Posts