Motorhome Facts Forum banner

661 - 680 of 683 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Personally I have no issues with the new site as I have got used to it now. Then again I had no real issues with the old site either tbh, so maybe I am just easily pleased :D
And why not.......................there's plenty of stuff to be displeased about

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
I haven't had rabbit for yonks. I am partial to a bit of rabbit... :D

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
Ahh, I've just discovered how to easily find threads I've started myself. On the Following page there are what I'd call Sub-headings: Followed Discussions (the default), Followed Forums, My Discussions....

Tap on My Discussions n there you have them!

I also discovered that, on the New page, if you go to the extreme right of the Sub-headings you'll find Looking for Replies. I hope some of us will use that because I've noticed on several occasions that new posts can sit, unnoticed, for a while. If someone comes to the site with a query and they don't get an answer for a few hours they'll probably have gone on elsewhere by that stage; especially if they're relatively new to forums.

Can anyone explain what the New Showcase is for? (on the New page Sub-headings).

·
Administrator
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #668
But what is Showcase for? Is it for putting up a pic of your MH?
Basically it is for anything you want it to be for. Just another way to show off photos to the community. It is a great place to show off your Motorhome or even some customizations.

Daniel

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
In that case I think it might be better to have the 'Looking for Replies' tab promoted to its place - surely that's more important?

·
Administrator
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
In that case I think it might be better to have the 'Looking for Replies' tab promoted to its place - surely that's more important?
Each member may have their own personal preferences for what they want to find. If they are looking for answers, this may be less helpful. If they are looking to provide answers or comment, then it is the better option.

You can also adjust the filters on the main 'NEW' page to your personal preferences and save them to keep the settings:

Daniel

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
That's how I have my New page set up. I couldn't be sure but I think the posts I found under Looking for Replies were not in New. I'll keep an eye on it.

·
Administrator
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
That's how I have my New page set up. I couldn't be sure but I think the posts I found under Looking for Replies were not in New. I'll keep an eye on it.
New should be displaying ones you have not viewed yet. The other section "looking for replies" may include threads you have previously viewed, but have no replies.

Daniel

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
You can just copy and paste the link and the gif should show. Like this :

~Mike D
Ah, I thought I'd tried that, but the ones I wanted to use are on my hard drive or in my Dropbox.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
That's exactly how the boy comes bouncing back to life.

Reactions: VS_Admin
661 - 680 of 683 Posts