Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy a good cup of coffee and am looking for a filter substitute for the small cafetiere I use in the van. Nothing can beat my Gaggia expresso machine at home, a cafetiere is fine when away, but disposing of the sludge can be a pain.

I recall someone on the old site - maybe a mod - has a small filter arrangement, and wondered what other people use. I don't want to be limited to a brand name or the expense and bulk of individual cups/ measures.

It has to be compact, though, otherwise I'll carry on with the cafetiere and sludge.

Grateful for any ideas.

Dave

· Premium Member
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hymmi,

Yes, I've used the Rombouts individual filter/pots in the past when I had an office with limited facilities. They are very convenient and tasty, but a bit bulky, expensive and constraining when in the van. I want to be able to grind my favourite beans at home and take a supply with me.

Dave

· Premium Member
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bigfoot,

I wouldn't go that far but this is the coffee I've favoured for a couple of months now (you can see why it has an "earthy" taste!),
http://www.redmonkeycoffee.co.uk/ca...redmonkeycoffee.co.uk/cart/indianmonsoon.html
though it is time to move on so I've just received a sample pack from redmonkey coffee.

Mike, I used for the first time recently on holiday (provided in the apartment) a Bialetti Moka pot as you also keep in the van. Though it is still messier than the filter paper, it is streets ahead of a cafetiere, as a shake of the small metal filter into the rubbish bin and a wipe with a piece of kitchen roll does it if I want to avoid coffee grounds in the sink. Despite having a Gaggia bean-to-cup machine in my study at home, which which I am delighted, I was favourably impressed with the Moka, so have followed your lead and added a 4-cup Bialetti Brikka to the van:
http://www.redmonkeycoffee.co.uk/ca...fee.co.uk/cart/Bialetti_Brikka_Coffee_UK.html
Again, very pleased. The valve is no more than a weight preventing the coffee coming through until at the correct pressure to produce crema.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.