Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:? we have a compass avantgarde 180 that we bought new in july 06 an on the whole we are very happy with it, we purchased it as it suited our needs with the rear lounge plus dinette with four seat belts, good for the grand kids, however,,and there had to be a however,, i am very unhappy with the water pumping system, it has a twin submersible pump that says its 19ltrs per minute, well, it takes ages to prime through and the flow through the taps is rubbish.

i am told that this pump is an industry standard and i dont quite know what to say to that.

is there anyone out there who can tell me if i am doing something wrong or should i just replace the thing?

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
When you say that it takes ages to prime through, do you mean when it's been unused for a while, or whenever you use a tap, as the former is fairly common and the latter sounds like a fault, but maybe not in the pump.

You might have a leak on a pipe or pipe joint, it might be allowing air into the system, if you're up to it, have a look at every joint you can find, and push it home, although they are designed to stay put, but they are of domestic origin, and houses tend not to move about too much, if it's still pumping air then look closer to the pump, I assume you don't drain down after each trip.

Kev.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.