Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a Compass Rambler 130, 4 berth motorhome. I don't seem to find a lot written about that type Compass motorhome, no reviews nothing? Is there something I'm missing or is there a good reason for this? I'm just a little worried there's not a lot of this model type and I could be about to buy a motorhome that going forward might be hard to buy parts for etc etc.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Wouldn't worry about parts, Compass/ Elddis have a huge range of MH's and share common parts -along with many other makes. Be more concerned that it is damp free and everything works as it should.

·
Premium Member
8,444 Posts
I am looking to buy a Compass Rambler 130, 4 berth motorhome. I don't seem to find a lot written about that type Compass motorhome, no reviews nothing? Is there something I'm missing or is there a good reason for this? I'm just a little worried there's not a lot of this model type and I could be about to buy a motorhome that going forward might be hard to buy parts for etc etc.
Try googling 'Elddis Autoquest 130' and see what pops up.

It's basically the same van.

You don't say what year the van is, so you could try 'Elddis 130' instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic thanks for your help, it’s a 56 plate having done 9600 miles and said to be in mint condition. This will be our first motorhome so I’m trying to get my head around what I’ve to be looking for, should I expect there to be a habitation certificate with it?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Regardless of whether it has a habitation certificate or not you MUST carry out a thorough damp check before you buy. Damp meters are very cheap to buy and easy to use so no excuse for not doing it. If you don't feel competent then get someone you can trust to do it for you.
Although the van has had very little use it's probably been standing around for months on end in all weathers for over 11 years so it's quite likely to have developed the odd leak, which if not discovered and attended to promptly will have caused a lot of invisible (and very expensive) damage. Also check the tyre walls and treads carefully (especially if they're Michelin camping tyres) for perishing and cracks as they're likely to be dangerous if they're originals and the van has been stored in the sunlight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.