Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted Gaslow to my AS Symbol with the filler point inside the gas locker on a bracket like this:

I have all the necessary converters for continental use but I am concerned about whether the clearance to the L side of the filler is sufficient for continental nozzles as it is recessed inside the locker . I have never seen a continental LPG nozzle so I don't know how they work.

My concern has been raised because I had a slight problem with an LPG pump in a garage in UK recently. This had a large lever that had to be rotated and it fouled on the side of the gas locker. I managed to get it to work but I wonder if someone familiar with continental adapters can reassure me that I will not have the same problem abroad

Peter

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi There

You will not have any problems. The nozzle on the continent uses an internal claw system.

You will insert the filler nozzle and pull a lever and the claws pull the nozzle into your fitting giving a gas tight connection.

Unlike the UK system you will not have to rotate the filler nozzle.

Hope thats' helped,

David

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats reassuring.

Is the lever on the right side of the nozzle? Just checking that it wont foul the side of my gas locker.

Peter

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for raising that question Peter. As you know I am thinking about installing a similar arrangement on my van.
It is very reassuring when someone says "been there, done it etc."

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Peej

The lever is underneath - much like a petrol pump nozzle.

Just pull it up after the nozzle is located into Gaslow filler unit and it locks into position by opening the internal claw of the nozzle into the recessed rim of your adaptor.

When cylinders are 80% full gas stops flowing.

Push lever down and remove - await white cloud of excess gas that is the residue from the filling process - loud hiss - change underwear - carry on with holiday.

Hope that helps

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.