Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
My 2007 Autotrail 696 on a Fiat 2.3 has developed a creaking in the rear suspension, most noticable at low speed and on rough road. A MHF member has suggested this could be failed rear spring anchor points. I have tried lubricating these but this has made no improvement. My local FIAT dealership failed to pinpoint the noise.
Has anyone had this problem. Would appreciate some advice.
Regards,
sennen523.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had a similar problem with a new Rapido 740F back in 1999. The diagnosis was dry springs, and the tweak that fixed it was a spray of engine oil thinned with petrol to make it run into all the crevices, sprayed onto anywhere the springs contacted anything.
I've had the same noises from the rear of my Hymer, once again perched on leaf springs. I've dived underneath with my can of spray grease, squibbing it on the fixing points, pivot points, and between the leaves of the spring. It seems to have done the trick. Worth a try before trying anything more desperate/expensive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.