Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting to plan Spain to UK for Xmas. Can't believe price on Le Shuttle and with 4 pets it will cost another £240 in fees for them (return). Any suggestions on alternative crossing from anyone with winter experience very much appreciated - this will be our first time in MH in winter and to UK! Brrrrr I am cold already. :!:

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
Four pets x £30 =£120 You only get charged once.

tony

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
Karenmac,out of interest,are we talking 4 dogs or a mixture dogs/cats.

tony

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi - 2 dogs & 2 cats. This is not something I want to do but my Dad passed away Dec and Mum is moving back to UK next month - can't see her on her own for Xmas so have to take the plunge and return to UK.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Pets

Hi

For what it is worth, I think that travelling in the tunnel with a pet is better than the ferry - basically your pet is in the motorhome with you, not on the car dark, alone, frightened and listening to strange noises.

Russell

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi - Yes, I agree - I brought 2 dogs to Spain via ferry (only one taking dogs at the time) and it was very unpleasant and a long journey and 1 via le Shuttle which was great.

I realise now because of Tony's post that the payment is one way - going in to UK and not coming back home to Spain.

Will be going Le Shuttle with our "kids"! If we didn't take Le Shuttle we wouldn't have gone.

Thank you for your input

Karen

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
Are you allowed below deck to your pet?
How long does it take to cross on the ferry?

We coped with the crossing to Ireland with a dog on the 4 hour ferry crossing as Im sure they sleep most of the time.

Dont forget the 30 euro per animal, Vet fee for the worming in France and also take your own flea frontline as that saves a bit.
Then 24 hour-48 hour window to return.

We found the Vet and the Animal control all very helpful and they made it all very easy for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.