Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Cruise control

Takeaflight

Have a look at , www.conrad-anderson.co.uk, and you will see an excellent selection of cruise controls ranging in price and complexity. We had the one which replaces the gear knob on our 2.8JTD. It is superb, looks the part and really does make travelling so much easier and enjoyable. In addition we had a memory module fitted which allows you to preset three speeds. It is excellent for keeping under speed limits. As for fitting we had it done at their works and are delighted at their professional and extremely courteous service.

Patr

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2.8 td

Hi not sure wether its cable or not its a 2000 2.8 td in a Hymer 694 I suspect its cable.

I am going to conrad tomorrow to have a nose not to far from me, and its always good to hear from someone else who has used them and was pleased.

I do like the look of the gear knob version.

· Registered
760 Posts
Hi Takeaflight

I have the full electronic version from http://www.howard-may.co.uk/4555.html which is the same as Ultimate design do but cheaper. I think it has paid for it's self in fuel saved in 18 months. I also have a full set of photos of install if Steve has lost his. The kit he supplies contains all you need for the install and if you can remove dash panels and read an AVO meter whilst upside down it should take 4-6 hours. He is only a Rugby so quite close to you and will answer any install problems for you.
Send me a PM if you want to see the install.

· Registered
120 Posts
Hi Takeaflight

Good idea to go and speak to Conrad Anderson. They can advise on the best (and not the most expensive) system for your MH. They have an excellent reputation and always give a discount at shows. We bought the Partner 2 reverse radar of them at the same time but I fitted that my self. It is exactly the same unit sold by Bulldog but considerably cheaper. The gearlever knob is very good looking and by using the accellerate and coast buttons you can drive your van! Traveller is right. You save fuel, your right leg/ankle and it is a godsend on long hauls. Wouldnt be without it.
Kind regards
Patr

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all sorry for the delay in replying.

Went to Conrad Anderson, without phoning first as I was in Brum only a few miles away. However no one available to talk. So I will make an appointment and try again.
Thanks all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.