Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We do not have cab aircon so finding it very warm when traveling so considering 12 volt fan on dash. Would welcome any advise on types available
:) Thanks Bruno

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Hi Bruno
I had one in the old van but found it just moved the warm air around, although Im sure there ok these days, I'm sure I've seen them that clip to the sun visor too. Check out ebay, mine was made in USA.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
badger said:
Hi Bruno
I had one in the old van but found it just moved the warm air around, although Im sure there ok these days, I'm sure I've seen them that clip to the sun visor too. Check out ebay, mine was made in USA.[/quo

Hi bruno

Any caravan accesory shop or car spares shop should have one. They are pretty much all the same. They just move the air around & make you feel cooler.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Bruno I got some last year for the living area from lidl cost was about £4 i find them very good keep checking lidl offers they usually bring them out in summer if you can wait that long. Chris

·
Registered
355 Posts
I bought an oscillating 12v fan at a Frech service station recently, on testing it seemed to work well the only drawback is for mounting it has one of those large suction pads that don't stick. So I'm trying to work out how to fix it in the cab :?

·
Vendor
1,395 Posts
One of the best places to buy is at those "Truck Shops" you see around the UK, better still abroad.

Made for commercial vehicles they are a bit better built. I bought a 2 speed, occillater, all metal (crome....can't spell that) 12 or 24v, and have had it years and used extensivly in very hot countries.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Thanks Grizzly will look in Tescos today sound just what I need to take to Arran next week, just in case we get a heatwave :D There again perhaps I ought to go to Boots and get a couple of hot water bottles :lol:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
If it's really hot, use a light spray of water from a perfume-type bottle (cheap, plastic, from Boots) in conjunction with the fan - result, instant relief!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.