Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Joining this site last Feb just after ordering our first Motorhome at the NEC, didn't mean too but it was just sitting on the Burstner stand calling us.

Anyway, John the Saleman and owner of Beck's Motorhomes in Norfolk was there to grab our money and "do us over"!

We drove away from the NEC wondering what the hell had we done, handed over a lot of money to a sales man we did not know and we didn't even take a test drive.

But after 18 months of looking the 747 looked the right model for us.

Now, the point of this note is after much talk about bad dealers etc I must say that Beck's have been great, they knew this was our first time, they knew that this was a big investment for us.
So we started to get emails from them, not often but now and then, they promised delivery in to the UK for the 16th May so they kept us posted with any news on this.
They contacted us to confirm that they had made payment to Burstner and confirmed the delivery date.
Then when it arrived they called and emailed a number of times to confirm extra requirements.

Last Friday we drove from Hampshire to Norfolk to collect our baby and for the rest of our time at Beck's we were the focus of attention from John but also from his staff .

They left us alone until we calmed down our excitment and then spent another 3 hours going through the motorhome with us, we could have been longer if we had wished.

The were some extra's on the van we had not planned for which were a mistake, a positive mistake but there was no presure to pay for these such has a zipped Safari room rather than velcro etc.

Anyway, has per previous notes about Beck's (not sure the notes are on this new site but they were on the last) they have been great and so far the MH as been great although the real test is today when we go off for a few days all packed up.

So, well done Beck's and so far well done Burstner.

Big Bertha

·
Registered
559 Posts
Great, really pleased to here of your experience with Becks. I does seem though that the smaller and often single outlet operations offer the 'gold' service. Probably everybody seems part of a team with a genuine ethos to help.

You will know further how good they are when you need any back up nd warrantee service, but I just have the feeling they will do any of that well too.

Have a good first trip, you only have one and the experience is unrepeatable!

John

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Everyone,

Your right, the real test is later, I have decided to have the Fiat stuff done in Hampshire but I am going back to Beck's to do the habitat stuff and modifications, I trust them.

I don't know if you are aware of their location but it was a first for us and what a beautiful area.

Its worth the excuse to vist his selection of Burstner and Besscar just for the location set in rural Norfolk

BB

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
:D Hi BERTHA at the end of the day. It is whether you are happy with your purchase and you continue to be so. Good luck and we wish you many happy Motorhoming years ahead. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.