Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the person who posted this to another motorhome list would get in contact with me I'd be grateful. I deleted the original post before we realised we would like to ask them a question.

We have just found a leak from the refrigerator when running on gas phoned Electolux (Demetic) to be told that they only offer a 12 month guarantee, our Motorhome at the time was 59 weeks old so would cost £75 plus parts to repair however after a bit of pleading they agreed that they would fix it free of charge,..................

Thanks

G

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Grizzly said:
If the person who posted this to another motorhome list would get in contact with me I'd be grateful. I deleted the original post before we realised we would like to ask them a question.

We have just found a leak from the refrigerator when running on gas phoned Electolux (Demetic) to be told that they only offer a 12 month guarantee, our Motorhome at the time was 59 weeks old so would cost £75 plus parts to repair however after a bit of pleading they agreed that they would fix it free of charge,..................

Thanks

G
How long is the warranty with the converter. If more than one year they should do it for you.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry...didn't make this clear. The bit about the fridge is a quote from a message that came via another forum. I deleted the message and so have not got the address of the sender.

I want to know if they were having problems with a leak of fuel gas or coolant gas.

G.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi Motorhomer,
If the fridge failed even after the warranty period you can still have a case against the original seller/ manufacturer under the sale of goods act. Basically goods must be fit for purpose and give a life 5 or 6 years under normal use conditions. Obviously dealers, manufacturers ,sellers etc do not publicise this Act but if you have problems get in touch with Trading standards for relevant information and quote at manufacturer - it works wonders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.