Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

We own an N&B Arto 64EL and are thinking about a hydraulic leveling system. However the cost of a fully automatic, dealer fitted system seems well beyond our budjet.

Are there any reasonably priced auto systems out there that are suitable for owner installation? Are there any none auto hydraulic leveling systems available?

If there are no hydraulic systems available what are our alternatives?

Thanks
David

·
Registered
18,303 Posts
Hi Kev I set mine up on the drive at home.
Then i did the scientific check in two parts of mh.

1) place a marble in the sink and let it roll freely. ensure you are parked so that the water goes down the plughole.
2) repeat above in the shower. Run water into both .

If all water drains out of both then we are level enough for me.

Dave P

·
Registered
433 Posts
levelling systems

HI,

We do a lot of winter travelling and often find that we have to stop on telecabine carparks which are often very uneven and often not flat ie on a slope. Sometimes the usual wedges are not high enough to compensate for the slopes. WE have got over this quite cheaply. We use 2 ton bottle jacks, which are £8-50 each from Tool Station. Slightly under the £3500 mentioned. If you combine these with some wooden blocks to give some flexability in range of hieght. It is cheap, easy to store and means you can fill your G&T up to the brim :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh make sure that you jack on the vehicles jacking points. Don't jack on the outriggers at the back of the chassis :roll: :roll:

Cheers......... Ned

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,557 Posts
Good idea that Dave, I'm alright doing the first 2, but I have two more drains 3 if you count basin in bathroom, Smev hob has a drain in one corner, but I have another floor drain in the bathroom, exactly opposite to the shower one, but separated by a divider, so I have to park nose up and offside down to empty the main drains.

I like your plan too Ned, I'll give that a coat of looking at for a while though.

Kev.

·
Registered
18,303 Posts
Hi Kev i have been thinking about all your drain holes.

Firstly get the most important pieces levelled ie sink and shower.
If your mh has been put together correctly you should have no problem.

If any are out of line just get the old diy kit out and do some adjusting.

Maybe we could patent the idea of sinks suspended in giros just like a ships compass

dave p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.