Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are considering the Purchase of a Fleetwood pulse.

Pulse < Click here

They are imported and sold by Travelworld RV, Telford.

Anyone have any advice, opinions or recomendations on the Fleetwood or Travelworld?

One of my first conecerns is Diesel generator. I notice an LPG one is an option in the US?.

Trev.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was told that diesel gennies have a higher take off from the fuel tank so you can't run it dry.

This is something I would check with the dealer.

Otherwise it looks very nice.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JQL said:
I was told that diesel gennies have a higher take off from the fuel tank so you can't run it dry.

This is something I would check with the dealer.

Otherwise it looks very nice.
|Thanks JQL,

I was more worried about noise!

Trev.

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
Hi Trev,
We seriously considered one of those.After in depth research which was like pulling teeth from Travelworld(useless) and then Fleetwood,we found that after adding up the weights of extra equipment and one passenger(the wife) we finished up with a luggage allowance of about 100 kg.From there on it was completely discounted.

tony.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Why does everybody read my thoughts - I mentioned this model on the Mercedes Sprinter start error! I think it is a classy piece of kit - can I have one pretty please :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richard

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weight a Minute

GEMMY said:
Hi Trev,
We seriously considered one of those.After in depth research which was like pulling teeth from Travelworld(useless) and then Fleetwood,we found that after adding up the weights of extra equipment and one passenger(the wife) we finished up with a luggage allowance of about 100 kg.From there on it was completely discounted.

tony.
Interesting Tony!,

I know what you mean about travelworld, they have been ringing me back with a trade-in Price since last Thursday.

However, according to the rating plate on the Icon/Pulse, it did state the payload as being 800 and something kG's!?

Trev.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Fleetwood are nice vehicles, they're well built and well equipped. Just out of interest, have a look at

www.rvusa.com, do the full search and, then add about $ 6000 for shipping and delivery, add in the cost of a couple of flights, hotels, they're cheap...seriously, and car hire.

Add in 10 % of vehicle and shipping combined, and then add 17.5% vat on the total.

Couple of grand for the conversion to UK leccy, and......then compare the cost with the Travelworld price. you maybe pleasantly surprised. Oh also, knock 20% of the price quoted off, as this is a reasonable negotiation figure. You get a nice holiday too, especially as you'll save maybe 1500$ on the shipping if you drive it to Florida yourself. ( I can give you the details of the shipping agent I used)

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
Trev,
They are joking.I have the facts and figures direct from Fleetwood.P.M. me and and I will go through all the figures.

tony.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
US RV

bandaid said:
Fleetwood are nice vehicles, they're well built and well equipped. Just out of interest, have a look at

www.rvusa.com, do the full search and, then add about $ 6000 for shipping and delivery, add in the cost of a couple of flights, hotels, they're cheap...seriously, and car hire.

Add in 10 % of vehicle and shipping combined, and then add 17.5% vat on the total.

Couple of grand for the conversion to UK leccy, and......then compare the cost with the Travelworld price. you maybe pleasantly surprised. Oh also, knock 20% of the price quoted off, as this is a reasonable negotiation figure. You get a nice holiday too, especially as you'll save maybe 1500$ on the shipping if you drive it to Florida yourself. ( I can give you the details of the shipping agent I used)
Thanks Bandaid,

I shall do some homework.

Link not working at the moment, even taking the comma out.

I also notice you have my favorite RV a SunVoyager!

Trev.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pulse Icon

I see there are a few members who are listed as having a "Fleetwood" but no model listed. Any have a pulse? I see most have not made any posts so may be in the US?

Trev.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Last time I checked YES and it was fairly rapid......Then I read the thread and it slowed to a mear thrummmm. Should really let a buxom nurse check pulse next time to maintain the Rapido effect. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.