Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
10,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I fell out big time with my dealer and dont have anything to do with them anymore, the last thing I want is to give them free advertising with their name and phone number plastered all over the numberplates of my van. Don't you just hate that?

I borrowed a sticker printing machine and have stuck a far more superior advert over the dealer ones......

pj

· Registered
417 Posts
Peejay,
Agree with you - much better.
I also hate dealers names on numberplates and those stickers they put in your rear windows.
Unfortuately now number plate makers have to put their names on plates and last lot I got made up I agreed they could as long as it was minute which they agreed do. It's reasonably discrete and is feom a car parts place I like so is acceptable......just.
Jon.

· Registered
619 Posts
We don't have that problem over here, if you get plates made up for you at a motor factor (car parts shop) they just show what they need to legally, which is the number of course, the county where it is registered in gaelic at the top, and the euro - IRE mark.
Motor dealers will add a sticky above the plate showing their details and also in the rear window but these can be removed.

overthehill

· Registered
1,905 Posts
1 peejay + 1 borrowed sticker machine = an endless supply of numberplate stickers at £1 (or so) a time!

How about it, Peedge?

· Registered
219 Posts
The number plate must display the post code of the company which made the plate up. This was introduced to stop people walking in off the street and having false plates made up. You are supposed to produce ID and documents before you are sold a number plate.

· Registered
565 Posts
It is possible to have a 'Show Plate' made that does not have anything but the number (or anything else you want) made up. Strictly speaking it is unlawful for a plate such as this, after the date of introduction of the new regs., to be displayed on the road but providing it is not an abnormaly spaced number it is highly unlikely that you will be pulled.
Some plate makers will not do the new number configuration as a show plate as they were introduced around the time of the new regs. however according to my local shop so long as you tell them you are not using them on the road it is not unlawful for them to make them.
By the way you don't need to prove you own the vehicle either with a show plate, makes a bit of a mockery of the regs., as he said "if you asked me to make a plate that said say 'JAGUAR' then it could be made quite legally so if you asked for one that had anything else on it, if you are telling me it is for showing the vehicle I would not dispute that"!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.