• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, :)

Over the last year or so, we have stayed at some lovely campsites using camping cheques.

Thought it would be interesting to see just how popular the camping cheques are amongst our motorhoming community.

I've attached a poll.

Thx

Julie

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paul,

We tend to book during the peak season, i.e. June/July & August, or just give the site a quick call before hand to check. Some places we have stayed at like you to book, however must don't require that you do so.

Where in France are you going? 8)

Hope you have a good time.

Bye for now.

Julie

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
The current Camping-Car magazine is carrying an advert from Camping Cheque.
In the text it states: 'Sans reservation' and 'Sans duree de sejour impose.'

So any campsite which tells you that you must book or tries to restrict the length of time you can stay is in the wrong according to Camping Cheque themselves.

That is of course if they have a pitch free and it is within the dates set by the campsite for the use of CCs.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
8O Camping cheques would be a waste of time on me. We are WILD CAMPERS. :wink:

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Some more information on Camping Cheques.

We had 19 Camping Cheques left which expired at the end of 2004. We had been unable to use them because of problems in autumn 2003 and spring 2004 and not enough time in autumn 2004.

It states in the site book, repeated in the 2005 version that Camping Cheques cannot be exchanged or reimbursed if stolen or unused.
I found out last month that this is not the case.

A month ago a campsite owner told me that they do reimburse for unused Cheques but he thought you had to apply before the end of February.

I've been talking to Camping Cheque UK who agreed that they do indeed reimburse for unused Cheques but there was the cut-off point and as it was now passed I was too late.
I had a bit of an arguement with them and pointed out that there was no way I could meet that deadline because I didn't know there was one!

They've been in touch with the French HQ and i am now told that they will reimburse for these Cheques but that I must deal directly with the French office.
Re-imbursement takes the form of an issue of Cheques to the number I already have minus one. If the current price is now higher than I paid then I must pay the difference.

This is a satisfactory outcome.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi.
We used Camping Cheques on 12 of the 30 nights we were in France last Sept. rest of time on Aires etc.
Next week we are off again and have not bought CS's but plan to use our ACSI discount card as we did successfully in Belgium And Holland in April this year,similar prices without the initial outlay. Will of course still use Aires where possible plus we will be giving some France Passion sites a try.

Regard
John

The early bird may catch the worm, but it's always the second mouse that gets the cheese.

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
You get a book which lists all the sites and gives all the information.

Tell me where you're going and I'll look up that area as I've got the 2005 book..

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
FERDINAND said:
Hi.
Will of course still use Aires where possible plus we will be giving some France Passion sites a try.

Regard
John

John can I suggest the one I tried (the one and only on my trip) so I don't know if you are in this area - it is in the Champagne and Ardennes Region - and a place called Bligny - it was excellent, and if this is France Passion I want more, we had an excellent tour, a tasting, (I wondered why my glass was always full) and then he even took us up to the vines as well. Not sure if this is a normal sort of France Passion site, or indeed if everyone gets the same attention, perhaps it depends on the amount of time they have available when you drop in, or whether they like you, who knows, but the champagne was great and at €10.20 a bottle, really excellent value we thought.

Carol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Carol, unfortunately will not be in the area you recommend as heading for Brittany this time, more likely in Sept. when we will be going through Central France.
By the way good luck on your British Passion project..
John

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
autostratus said:
Some more information on Camping Cheques.

We had 19 Camping Cheques left which expired at the end of 2004. We had been unable to use them because of problems in autumn 2003 and spring 2004 and not enough time in autumn 2004.

It states in the site book, repeated in the 2005 version that Camping Cheques cannot be exchanged or reimbursed if stolen or unused.
I found out last month that this is not the case.

A month ago a campsite owner told me that they do reimburse for unused Cheques but he thought you had to apply before the end of February.

I've been talking to Camping Cheque UK who agreed that they do indeed reimburse for unused Cheques but there was the cut-off point and as it was now passed I was too late.
I had a bit of an arguement with them and pointed out that there was no way I could meet that deadline because I didn't know there was one!

They've been in touch with the French HQ and i am now told that they will reimburse for these Cheques but that I must deal directly with the French office.
Re-imbursement takes the form of an issue of Cheques to the number I already have minus one. If the current price is now higher than I paid then I must pay the difference.

This is a satisfactory outcome.
Good for you. I may consider them then in the future. probably not much good to us this year as we go June 20th to july 21st.. We will just take pot luck in getting a site. Can always wild camp if we cant. We plan to look early in the day if we will want a site so hopefully will be ok.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
TheOggies said:
Aren't camping cheques only valid in low season?
We are going in july, they won't be any good will they?

sorry to appear thick (though i am :oops: ), new to camping abroad
Hi the oggies.

I think the sites vary a bit in when they will & when they wont accept them but generally they are low season thats why I said they are no good to us this time. We have to go later than we would normally so as to avoid being away when new grandson arrived.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I am a bit confused over the comment about booking in July.

Camping Cheques can only be used off season and July and August are almost always excluded.

The Guide will tell you when the Cheques can be used on any given campsite.

There are many offers available when using Cheques, 7 nights for 6 Cheques, 14 nights for 10 cheques, free meal etc.

They are good value providing you want to use the larger commercial type of site.

Smaller sites often offer lower prices without the use of Cheques.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
prefer ACSI discount card, [found courtesy of Gillian :D ] don't like having to commit myself in advance, ACSI is £4.50 [I think] for 2006 and camp site charges are up by 1 €; but still worth the outlay imo.

main advantage of the cc scheme seems to be the inclusion of ferry crossing, but I use tesco vouchers whenever possible.

8)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.