Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dometic RMD8505 fridge has stopped working on mains. It works fine on 12V and Gas but although it can be switched to mains with no alarms it does not get cold. I have measured the current going to the element at 0.73 amps and the pipe at the bottom gets too hot to touch for long. I have even connected a 230v supply directly to the element but it makes no difference. Can anybody suggest a solution please. I am a qualified electrician by the way.
Nigel

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,946 Posts
Hi Whesco, I'm just giving your post a bump. I've no idea why it would work on gas n 12v but not on 240v, when you've cut out possible connection faults between 240 inlet and fridge.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I am not a qualified Electrician but could I suggest you try to see if there is any output, or lack of it, from the black electronic brick/block if you haven't done so already.

·
Premium Member
15,897 Posts
I had the opposite problem, mains OK but no 12v. Turned out that there was a relay, connected to ignition live that was stuck. Not a sealed one, totally open it had corroded and points stuck together. Worth a try?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I think 'whesco' has gone elsewhere - no response to this post in over two months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts