Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got a reply from Don today about their health and it's not very good news.

"Hi Ray & Pru, very nice to hear from you again.

2022 has not been a good year for us so far.
In March Maureen collapsed with a very low level of sodium in her blood and her heart rate was twice it should have been. She spent three weeks in hospital and is now slowly recovering, she is managing to walk most days.

For quite a few years now I have been suffering with Benign Essential Tremors and in the last year they have got very bad were I can't write, button up shirts, use a knife and fork and do a lot of things one just takes for granted. It's no fun eating your Sunday roast with a spoon. On the plus side I walk 4 miles most days. Both of us have had to give up driving, fortunately we have plenty of family living close by. I don't know how long it will be before I have to give the computer as I struggle to use the mouse now.

The darkest moment of the year was the death of a great granddaughter who lived for four days and died in her mothers arms.

Best wishes and safe travelling."

Don & Maureen.

Ray.

Reactions: EJB and Scotjimland

·
Premium Member
36,045 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don and Maureen in better times 2019.

Ray.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Timberland Freedom
6,007 Posts
Such sad news,

Don was an inspiration for me and no doubt many others, such a helpful and knowledgeable man.
If you read this Don, wishing you and Maureen all the best and thanks for your input, reviews of and travels in your Timberland Freedom, which inspired me to also buy one just recently..

all the best
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Very sad, he has always been a very helpful person, aka a legend.

Please send him the best wishes from all of us on MHF, he has always been a source of vast experience.
Yes indeed a legend and inspirational information in our early days.
I'm still hoping to follow up on his threads about travelling to Turkey.
We fly there on Monday but it's not the same
Thanks to you both "DonMadge".......................very much appreciated

·
Premium Member
15,696 Posts
Again my thoughts are with them both. Also please thank them for the wealth of knowledge they gave to all of us. I seem to remember following lots of advice and suggestions from their travels in the SE Mediterranean

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Hi Don, sorry to hear your news, I am sure you have had the best medical advice. I suffer from the same tremor and at times everyday simple task are not manageable. My Doctor prescribed Propranolol, it took a while to have any effects but has made life a lot easier. Regards Ted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts