Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to you all. We have recently bought the above MH it is a 2016 model. We have noticed that the drivers sliding window has condensation in it. Its not always there but it does appear more so than not. My question is can this be fixed or is it a new window ? 馃槆 You cant really see from the close up photo but its in the top left side of that photo. TIA

Attachments

Premium Member
Many American vans are double glazed. Kevin Kelly in Wolverhampton has a business making replacement units and will know whether repairs are possible. However replacements are not hugely expensive, less so if you can extract and fit the units yourself. American Motor Home Windows - Our Work

Edit: The glass on an RV is not the same thickness as it is on European applications but I imagine Mr Kelly can access all thicknesses.

Reactions: GMJ

Premium Member
Does seem to be a common problem, not just with Hymer if you do a bit of research you'll find Niessman, Frankia, Carthago etc all suffer from the problem, most reports I've seen suggest the problem will return in time if replaced.

Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
I have the same problem with my sliding DG window on my 2017 Hymer. I also heard the problem would be likely to return. I think part of my problem was I used the handle as a handle - if I'd used it simply as ornamentation I mightn't have got the moisture leakage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts