Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have an '06 Ducato Motorhome with extended side repeaters. Someone has very kindly knocked one of them off in a carpark so need to replace it, however I was wondering, do they have to be extended ? Could I replace them both with lights flush to the side of the cab? Presumably they are mainly intended for traffic coming towards you while you're waiting to turn at a junction so they see your intention to pull out in that direction, but flush lights would still show this from the side..... anyone know whether that's OK to do ?
Thanks,

Daniel

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
By law it as to have a repeator visible from the side unless you have wrap round indicators on the front that are visible from the front and side so if your modification is visible from the side it is within the law

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Hi,
I have an '06 Ducato Motorhome with extended side repeaters. Someone has very kindly knocked one of them off in a carpark so need to replace it, however I was wondering, do they have to be extended ? Could I replace them both with lights flush to the side of the cab? Presumably they are mainly intended for traffic coming towards you while you're waiting to turn at a junction so they see your intention to pull out in that direction, but flush lights would still show this from the side..... anyone know whether that's OK to do ?
Thanks,

Daniel
It has to comply with these regulations https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/7/made

Specifically "A side repeater indicator fitted to a motor vehicle or a trailer: Between rearward angles of 5° outboard and 60° outboard or, in the case of a motor vehicle having a maximum speed not exceeding 25 mph where it is impracticable to comply with the 5° angle, this may be replaced by 10°.
Alignment-(c) A side repeater indicator (Category 5): As shown in the first sketch in Part III of this Schedule"

Good luck with that but my layman's advise is to make sure it is visible to a vehicle that would be in your blind spot if he had passed your rear indicator. I think that is what the 'angles of 5° outboard and 60°' is showing in the Part III sketch. There are side indicators available that are flush fitting but are fairly deep that may give the required visibility https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222636170166?epid=249624925&hash=item33d6265bb6:g:THAAAOSwNf1Zr6jl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.