Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My 2000 duetto lever tap body leaks when the tap is opened . when i close the tap it stops leaking. im hoping this is just the washer but don't know how to dismantle the tap , i have pulled off the red/blue indicator but don't know what sort of screw driver etc i should use and what will i be dismantling.... are washers easy to come by and is this a small job i can do ? i hope its not going to be a replacement tap....

Thanks in advance
Jojo

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi Jojo, As you say take out the red & blue "thingy" & you will need either a no1 pozi screwdriver or a 3mm Allen key to remove the lever. Once that is off the dome shape will undo if grip it firmly with your hand, you will then see the white nylon cassette body with a large brass nut holding it in place. From memory it is 1 & 1/16" or 27mm (I just know which socket to get from my box), tighten this with the socket JUST with your hand NO wrench or bars. If you slip the lever back on you will be able to see if it has cured it or not. If it hasn't then you need a new cassette body for it or a new tap depending on your local supplier, Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.