Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spoken about it enough times on other threads, this morning I thought it time to make a new thread.

The Navajo is healthy, Motley is again healthy ( he only has to have half the tiny hormone tablet a day now) I am healthy other than the part that will be with me until the day I die, but my new wheels have made that more than just bearable. (Arthritis of the lower spine if you don´t know already)

Today I´m finishing the packing except of course the fridge and all those last minute things I am going to think about at the eleventh hour.

I will leave on Tuesday morning and the first leg is 2hours 45 mins away non stop no hold ups :grin2: if there are any big holdups I will get off the motorway ASAP and go across country, I will have plenty of time. This place was recommended by one of my German Facebook friends and it looks a good place for me.
Sandstedt, my destination for the Easter long weekend, is about the same distance again. A few years back I would have done the whole trip in a day, but last year when I came home from there I almost fell asleep when I was in a traffic jam and swore never to make long trips again.

After Easter I can go just wherever I like, next meeting will be end of May in Jülich, west of Cologne.
This morning I thought maybe in my wandering time I would go to Marienhafe a place I went with Heike last year, but couldn't remember where I found the instructions to get there, found a photo taken there and hey presto now I know exactly where it is.

The next episode will be next Tuesday, I just thought I would do the introduction today on the big computer, the rest will be from the iPad.

Pictures.
Marienhafe. Home to Sandstedt. Home to Ludwigslust

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,757 Posts
Enjoy the trip Jan. Maybe you should give us the full itinerary for the summer. Hope you have as good a time as you did last year.

Still hoping to get away early May here but it depends on the van and a few other things.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,670 Posts
We put the fridge on 48 hours before going, to make sure the chuffing thing works, then load it 24 hours before setting off so it's all chilled, I put a 2L bottle of water in the freezer to check that, and it comes out and into the milk shelf when we load it up, I also have a fancy temp gauge that old Tuggy told me about so I don't have to open a door to see if it's cold, I also have a infrared jobby to point at stuff to tell the temp, but use that for the oven now as they are not to the same standard as the house ovens, bedding is the last thing to go in usually and Liz of course.

·
Premium Member
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have had a messenger message from Lars (who was here at Christmas) telling me Astrid and Leon have covid, I spoke to Astrid and she sound terrible, but says Leon her son only has a sniffle and a bit of a cough. Therefore they of course won´t be at the Easter meeting which means I will be visiting them probably next month when they are well and truly recovered.

To give the full itinerary you should know it´s not possible because I change my mind every 5 minutes :laugh: What I can tell you is after the Easter meet. (These meetings are called Stammtisch Treffen if you want that explained I can tell you but later.
May 26th to 29th in Jülich another FB meet.
June 2nd to 7th Rotenburg an der Fulda with my other forum then up again to Falkensteinsee for the Old timers meeting
on the 9th to 13th June.
In between these dates I will do and go wherever the fancy takes me, obviously to Heike for a day or two, probably before I go to Rotenburg. Tommy and Ramona are expecting me to visit them as well, I stayed 5 days with them last year

It´s hard to believe, I haven´t known these people for a year yet, my German doesn´t flow so well, but I do make them laugh and I get good feedback and so many of them tell me they will be happy to see me next week. If I wanted to write that on the FB forum I would need to go to Google translate and then try to check it for errors like Sie instead of du and other things that I can spot, but it often comes out a load of rubbish, they don´t ever criticise it though.

Right end of rest, must get on :grin2:
Quick addition. Thats half the year, I will come home for end of June and July then off in August to Mecklenburg and in September down to the Mosel.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
46,670 Posts
I hope you both have a really good time Miss Rude, it's been a bit shoite for you recently and it's seems to be coming around a bit cept for the back.

·
Premium Member
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, He was a Mexican in Syria😄 no it came from one of the first friends I made who sealed our friendship by spilling 2 glasses of Ouzo over me.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It´s a standing joke with them all now Jean, I had a very small table with just one stem that stands in a Christmas tree holder, we had it between us with the drinks on and Ellie accidentally knocked the table tipping the drink my way, not once, but twice, They all laughed their heads of when I stood up with hands on hips and said `well that's a funny way to start a friendship´ and that's how the friendship began. She has a sense of humour like mine.

·
Premium Member
46,670 Posts
I started off with my second wife in a similar way, we'd not spoken til then, funny how things happen, I got Liz on t'internet but the Bstd wouldn't do returns.

·
Premium Member
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The day before the off :grin2:
I am so looking forward to this trip. Yesterday I wrote on my own Facebook page where friends in England, America and Australia can learn what I am up to as well as the German friends from whom I had so many responses saying they are looking forward to seeing me. 2 invitation one from Tommy and Ramona the other from Lars and Astrid, to visit them after Easter.
I’ll probably be busy today:laugh:

·
Premium Member
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Poor Jürgen, the microwave didn't work after he had done his bit so he tested everything including the microwave, then suddenly nothing worked, a fuse had blown in the house, the switch restored, and everything worked except the socket the microwave should plug into which is under the seat, he then discovered how English sockets work, with a switch and this switch was in the off position so double the work, all's well now. As my signature says, we learn something new every day. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve had a terrible night, hope I make it through the day on so few hours sleep.
It’s a beautiful clear morning, frost on the ground from -1° during the early hours.
The plan is to leave at 10.30 after a lazy breakfast. I am surprising myself with the ease I have been speaking German with Jürgen, not perfect, but he understands me which is all I ask for, it’s remembering to put the words in the correct order that’s difficult.
As there are a few roadworks on the motorway above Berlin I am first taking the country route to Neuruppin then join the motorway to Ludwigslust ( love that name) pronounced as near as possible Loodvicksloost.
I will report in when I get to Ludwigslust :grin2:.

·
Premium Member
9,771 Posts
Have a great trip Jan.

·
Premium Member
4,802 Posts
I am surprising myself with the ease I have been speaking German with Jürgen, not perfect, but he understands me which is all I ask for, it's remembering to put the words in the correct order that's difficult.

I spent eight years learning to play a piano Jan, and I still have difficulty playing the keys in the correct order.

·
Premium Member
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a start to the trip. It’s the phone so short message. 2 roads out of the village blocked with road works so had to take the long way round.First stop no water, the new pipe came undone and I asked a lorry drivers help, he put it back on but said it’s not secure enough. Fkg TomTom Took me off the motorway that I joined At Neuruppin and took me on a 40 km. hell drive then took me round the houses or the town to get here. A young chap near me helped me out with paying for a ticket. Not a place I would want to stay for long, the camper are quiet but a boom boom noise comes from elsewhere.It is a beautiful day, hope tomorrow is the same . The Autobahn up here is 2 lane, but no where near as busy as in the south of Berlin. I have forgotten how to couple the iPad.
More, from Sandstedt tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts