Motorhome Facts Forum banner
141 - 160 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Reporting in, until now I’ve not been able to get the internet, I am fine hopefully I will stay so as it’s 5 days since I left the Covid behind.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I’m still Ok, internet is not, 2 days without, but it worked for WhatsApp.
Motley is very popular on the Stellplatz, yesterday two of the men in vans opposite tried playing football with him, it’s so funny because he keeps checking with me to make sure it alright. It will be on the video I’ll do when I get home. The couple opposite keep calling him over to sit with them.
It’s summer weather. Tomorrow I will move on, I’ve found a Free Stellplatz at a Zoo so will check that out first. This costs 3€ a night with electricity thrown in. I haven’t cooked a meal the 3 days I have been here, the restaurant is only 100 yards away so I bring it here to eat and it’s tasty food.
The Stellplatz is full, but most people are out on their bikes each day cycling round the lake, there were hundreds of cyclist yesterday, lots of groups as well as individual riders, but they are mostly polite and say thank you when I stand aside with Motley.
The exercise is on the long yellow line with a treat bag on another line and they are supposed to run after it.

How not to treat a dog, here is one of 2 yapping dogs, this is all the exercise they get other than jumping about in a Charisma Motorhomes, I wrote that two days ago, they left yesterday. Took ages for he photo to load so won’t try anymore until the service is better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Now all the weekend visitors have gone I have internet again.
It’s been a beautiful day, with loads of cyclists and pedestrians on the paths I walk with Motley, I knew that would be the case so we walked early, before 10 am which is early for us. The rest of the day I’ve been reading and chatting with the others.
I bought home videos with me and tonight I watched a wonderful 1994 with our 2 white GSDs, what a super pair they were, very entertaining, I don’t think too many dog pairs have as much fun as those two.
Tomorrow I will go on to Rheine Naturzoo where there is a free Stellplatz, if it do suit we’ll try somewhere else. No photo today, I’m taking video now to put on YouTube when I am home.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 · (Edited)
It didn’t suit so we are now further south on the Sport center in Altenberg. Plenty of space, free, free WiFi 50c for 80 Ltr water. It feels thundery 25c today.
I’ll find another place tomorrow unless this has other attractions I can’t see.
Before I left one of the men cleaned my windscreen for me.
I told him most people I meet are very helpful, he said that’s because I talk and laugh with people, if I kept to myself I probably wouldn’t get help.
I have an Oldie and a Self made as Neighbours.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Who says its not secure? I shouldnt worry about it. Doesnt look like the sort of place that will be full of hackers but dont do any online banking etc on it.
The banking and things like Amazon I don't use when I'm away anyway. It just said and I guess it might be Apple who say it's not secure.
Thanks for the reply Barry.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Lucky I have free WiFi because yesterday there was an update for the phone so I took advantage.
A rude awakening this morning at 6.45am, they emptied the glass containers, 3 of them. It didn’t actually wake me because I was awake as I have been most of the night. Looks nice out, but forecast says cloudy after 10 am.
This is where I stand. Not a sound all night until the glass man cometh.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
It is a particularly obtrusive sound that one isn't it Jan. I know what you mean - it has happened near us several times over the years and, is as you say, very much a rude awakening!

Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts
It didn't suit so we are now further south on the Sport center in Altenberg. Plenty of space, free, free WiFi 50c for 80 Ltr water. It feels thundery 25c today.
I'll find another place tomorrow unless this has other attractions I can't see.
Before I left one of the men cleaned my windscreen for me.
I told him most people I meet are very helpful, he said that's because I talk and laugh with people, if I kept to myself I probably wouldn't get help.
I have an Oldie and a Self made as Neighbours.
The oldie looks like a Japanese import except its left hand drive not a European model I don't think.

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts
Lucky I have free WiFi because yesterday there was an update for the phone so I took advantage.
A rude awakening this morning at 6.45am, they emptied the glass containers, 3 of them. It didn't actually wake me because I was awake as I have been most of the night. Looks nice out, but forecast says cloudy after 10 am.
This is where I stand. Not a sound all night until the glass man cometh.
I would say that was not the best way to park Gert, if there had been a problem in the middle of the night it would have been more difficult to get out, I always park with a fast exit in mind.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
The oldie looks like a Japanese import except its left hand drive not a European model I don't think.
I haven't seen the occupant or ants yet, but it's very neglected and would look so much nicer with a good clean all round.

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
I would say that was not the best way to park Gert, if there had been a problem in the middle of the night it would have been more difficult to get out, I always park with a fast exit in mind.
Thanks for the tip Puddle, however there's enough room for me to turn in one go. I like the door to be away from the road and the other side is for cars in the daytime, not many cars are here, but there's usually one who would tell you that side is not for motorhomes. I will however keep your suggestion in mind for the duty. 😊 I also prefer not to look at other peoples front windows as I would because all the MH here are made inside out.

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts
I haven't seen the occupant or ants yet, but it's very neglected and would look so much nicer with a good clean all round.
Ants, bloody ants who mentioned ants :D:D

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
Ants, bloody ants who mentioned ants
Me - I've just left Le Someil and that was where, a few years ago, and after having had ants in the van for quite a few days, I woke very suddenly in the night with an ant running round the rim of my nostril!!! I can't describe how revolting that felt! Next morning the search for those ant traps became very serious and I was on my bike to the nearest bricolage - successfully I'm glad to say. I still shiver when I think about it!

·
Premium Member
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 · (Edited)
We are sitting at the edge of the forest in the shade, it’s a warm one. A pity I can’t get you with the free WiFi at the van.
Motley has said hello to another free running dog who we met yesterday I had a chat in English with the young lady owner.
The phone is typing a lot of rubbish I have to keep deleting so will give up.

I have already guessed one reply I’ll probably get.

141 - 160 of 202 Posts