Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we went away this weekend and all well until the fridge decided it didn't want to work on gas, (12v and EHU are OK) the little flashing light didn't, I messed around looking for blown fuses but found none anywhere, all the connectors seem to be OK i waggled them just in case there was a loose wire but still no good, to day I put a meter across the indicator light bulb wires and got 2.76volts, with the bulb disconnected, the fridge is a RM 6401, I even tried to drag it out by undoing the four crews inside, and removing as much of the expanded foam sealant as I could but it won't budge.

I would appreciate any help, even if only to get the damn thing out so I can get it fixed a bit cheaper.

Kev.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Have you tried getting at the burner via the outside vents,
Sometimes rust/dirt falls onto the burner stopping the piezo from sparking , Try blowing it out with compressed air

Alan H

·
Premium Member
46,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alan,

It's not a gas problem mate, it won't even try to ignite, it's a 12v supply problem, "I Think", I have a wiring diagram etc, even the manual, but it's not helping me.

Kev.

·
Premium Member
46,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah just re-read your post Alan, same answer though, I missed that you were going down parallel lines, to sum up, I turn the little knob to gas, and it all stops there, the light usually flashes, then you press in the temp control knob until it lights, but no ickle light is flashing. and there is no ticking of the igniter doing its thing either.

This needs a mind greater than mine.

Kev.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Kev
We had a similar problem on an old Duetto which I found was the lead to Piezo unit.

If all else fails try phoning Technical Support at Dometic in Luton - I found them very helpful.
Bob

·
Premium Member
46,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been having another look with the meter and found that only two wires have a 12v supply, but the writing on the switch is so small I can't read it properly, so not sure what's being supplied, switch is in gas position, see below.

C is an indicator light and flashes when turned onto gas, then goes out once lit, but there is no flash, I'm suspecting the selector switch, but not sure how to proceed, can't really afford to waste money buying a switch if it's not the problem and an engineer is out of the question. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It'd help if I could get it out, as access is terrible, so can only see the front top and back top, no real access to any parts, all screws removed, and sealant taken off, still won't budge.

Kev.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
46,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just checked the fridge to see if it worked OK on EHU, which it does, there is frozen water in the freezer compartment after about 10 hours, so I know the basic fridge is working, thank god.

I still need advice on what to do or check next. :( :(

I can't work out if it's the switch, igniter, or something else that is duff.

Kev.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
To get the fridge out you will probably have to disconnect the flue and gas pipe at the rear. Access behind the vents. Then pop of the plastic caps and take out the screws from the front. It will still be quite tight due to it being "room sealed" but should come out with a bit of wiggling.

·
Premium Member
46,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trevorf said:
To get the fridge out you will probably have to disconnect the flue and gas pipe at the rear. Access behind the vents. Then pop of the plastic caps and take out the screws from the front. It will still be quite tight due to it being "room sealed" but should come out with a bit of wiggling.
Hi Trevorf, Thanks but, as mentioned I've done all that, and still it won't move, I can see light all around it except underneath, I know there must be something else holding it in, but I can't see it, the gas pipe will stop me removing it, but not stop it moving so I'd prefer no to break the gas tight seal unless I really need to, I just need a bit of elbow room to let me check the wiring, It'd help if the two switch wiring diagrams were the same, and neither say if it should be viewed from the terminal side or the other, & I can't find any mention of the igniter wiring either, unless it in code, it must connect by osmosis :black:

Kev.

·
Premium Member
46,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update

Spoke to Philthefridge, (MHF member)he's suggested it is probably the ignition pack, so as a first stop, and as it's not producing a spark, I've ordered one.

I'll post if it fixes the problem, absolute cow to get at though, with the fridge in situ, you have to stand with your back to the wall of the MH, then put your hand through the fridge vent and down, and then it's all done by feel, 4 screws in all, took me 2 hours to get the bugger out, so not looking forward to putting it back.

Kev.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.