Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to know how moving the scroll button on the mouse enlarges or reduces the text size from unreadable font size to humungus.

Is this something that is written into the site software or is it simply a feature of Internet Explorer.

This is not an issue, merely of interest and the desire to increase my abundance of useless knowledge.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Pusser if you optically challenged? You can do the following to magnify points on the screen:-

Go to Start
All Programs
Accessories
Accessibility
Magnifier

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
hi Pusser
lol i think this is all down to how the site is coded, i.e. if the site is coded with a fixed font size as follows:-

Text

then this is fixed in place and the scrolling trick wont work

if however the site is coded with html standard sizes i.e.

Text

then the trick with the wheel will operate.

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the help....It is just that the old site I coud whiz in and out with the scroll button

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Pusser - my wireless optical mouse seemed to give up the ghost - and no it didn't need new batteries, but had some sort of conflict since last December,, and I gave up finally, and have my very original old ms mouse on a lead - so I miss the functionality of the last one.

BUT

The trick also works on my machine, but didn't on Elizabeths apparently, of a Ctrl and + and it is bigger, and a Ctrl and - makes it smaller again, each time you do it - the text gets larger or smaller,

HTH

Carol
:wav:

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Carol - don't work for me but my question was more to do with the tech interest on how it is done on websites using scroll button as the old site used to do it but this one does not. While my eyesght is not good as forecast would happen by my Mum when I was eleven, I can read the web pages OK especially since I have my new super dooper 19"" TFT by AG Neovo

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Hello Pusser

I have posted this elswhere when the site first came back on line. Also posted it for carol some time ago.

G-o into settings, control panel, click accesibility options,, click display then settings. Tick shortcut. Then adgust the contrast to that which suits you, Varios size fonts. Tick ok apply. Now press left Alt, shift & print screen at the same time . Every time you do this it goes between large print of choice to nornal screen settings.. I too have just bought a larg 19 inch monitor to make viewing the computer easier but some websites use extremely tiny print so I use the combination of large screen and apply the larger text. Many sites I just couldnt readotherwise.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip MHS.. I certainly will have a go at that cos as you say, some websites seem to use point 5 font size.

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oops - I'm so sorry - Only just realised that you and MHS are not one of the same. - I expect to the sharp eyed, Gerald the Giraffe was a give away.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Pusser said:
Oops - I'm so sorry - Only just realised that you and MHS are not one of the same. - I expect to the sharp eyed, Gerald the Giraffe was a give away.
Hello Pusser.

Now other half loves the 'Simpsons' Even had his piccy on his slippers. Glad they wore out quickly.

Motorhomer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.