Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sifting through all old files on laptop and lo and behold i discovered a copy of the forum posts file dated in feb 2005. This was the time we lost a few accounts due to the hacker and so i grabbed a backup copy to my laptop.

I will definately with some deft joggery pokery of the file and some pre testing be able to restore this onto the new site and hence bring back all the old posts, the problem is that they would no longer be linked to any person in particular, i.e. if you posted 1000 posts on last site they would all suddenly appear but be anon user, this is because the user_id not the username is stored with the post and i have no way of linking them to new users :(

But at least we could restore the content i.e. the posts which are the useful thing.

This is all still dependant upon what can be retreived from old drives.

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
That is excellent news Dave, I don't think any of us will worry about not having these posts attributed to us, certainly under the circumstances.

Don't worry about people losing their post count, I really don’t think it matters; at least it doesn't for me.

MHS...Rob :D

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
Hi Nuke

Thats good news.......... I'm off to re-register as "Anon user" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get a good nights rest tonight....you have earned it.

Mike

·
Registered
107 Posts
im real glad about that cus there was a lot of good info that i needed from time to time

and not only that but nobody will know what rubbish i posted as well

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
That is a bit of silver lining in a cloud. I'm more than happy they are anon users, nay relieved.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Can I echo the congratulations?

The loss of the searchable information (among the posts on the 'old' site) was the saddest aspect of this disaster for us - so much good information gone.

But no! You have (most of) it all back! Well done! :D

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Pusser - if you really think that no-one will be able to spot your posts just because it says Anon-User, you're a lot greener than we thought. It's all down to style and content my boy.

Gaspode

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Great news to come back to after my weekend away. think I prefer this site to the old one now, apart from losing zoo keeper that is :lol:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'm delighted too - you are really being kept busy with all of this happening!! I was slowly but surely ploughing my way through all the old posts and now it looks as if I'll be able to continue - that's wonderful!! :p Ana xx

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
gaspode said:
Pusser - if you really think that no-one will be able to spot your posts just because it says Anon-User, you're a lot greener than we thought. It's all down to style and content my boy.

Gaspode
You mean just look for any posts with outrageous spelling and that's mine :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.