Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I shell out a massive amount of money for Ireland-Spain direct ferries, I thought I'd ask here if there was any way to reduce the cost. The code for Spain apparently only works for UK departures. I did look at doing an Ireland/UK/Spain trip but that's even more expensive.

I'm looking to travel Rosslare-Bilbao. Thought of doing it only one-way but my usual Cherbourg-Dublin ferry doesn't seem to run past end Oct....??

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well that's very strange - I can apparently book Cherbourg-Dublin thro direct Ferries for 6th Nov, but not direct with Irish Ferries whose schedule goes only as far as the end of Oct...??

·
Premium Member
36,344 Posts
Be interested to hear Jean. We have no plans to go back to NI but if we did I think that would be my preferred route, though I'd be wary of the Bay of Biscay in the winter.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Booked 21 Sep (intended 23rd but by the time I'd pfaffed around looking for a discount, that ferry was full!)

Swithering about booking return 6th Nov on same route... 🤮 But last time I did, and it was cancelled, I hot-footed it north and made Ouistreham in less than 3 days. So thinking I might be safer going my usual Cherbourg-Dublin.

·
Premium Member
10,882 Posts
That'd be a nice time to visit I reckon Jean. After the summer bods have gone but before the snow birds arrive en masse. Still nicely warm though but not red hot.

Have you toured Spain before?

·
Premium Member
28,526 Posts
Oh good so we might see you again before we depart Jean.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
28,526 Posts
Before 'they' arrange the carols service at Christmas Jean. Mid Dec.

Ray.

• Haha
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
Fiat Ducato X290 2.3 130hp
249 Posts
Well that's very strange - I can apparently book Cherbourg-Dublin thro direct Ferries for 6th Nov, but not direct with Irish Ferries whose schedule goes only as far as the end of Oct...??
Irish ferries web site have Cherbourg/Dublin sailings right through to end of the year. Looks like WB Yeats is staying on the route this winter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts