Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've a Fiamma F45i zip which has worked fine for the last 15 months. A couple of evenings ago, there was a sudden, unforecast strong gust of wind, strong enough to lift the awning, despite the fact I had a privacy room up and extra awning tie downs.

I quickly got everything back down, but now when i retract the awning, it stops around an inch from closing. If I exert a little pressure, it appears that it's being blocked in the center, rather than the edges.

Looking a little harder, it appears on of the sections of the struts has bowed slightly, stopping the complete closure.

Anyone got any tips I could try to correct/adjust this - or is it one for a dealer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Sorry to hear of your trouble. We had our awning go over the top of our m/h a few years back because of a sudden severe gust. Destroyed completely.left it in a bin in Italy.
Don't think you will be able to do much other than going to your dealer as it would seem that you have bent the arms slightly. They will be better placed to know if it is correctable or if new bits are neccessary.Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,616 Posts
Re: <a href=http://www.outdoorbits.com/awnings-windbreaks

srd said:
Hi

I've a Fiamma F45i zip which has worked fine for the last 15 months. A couple of evenings ago, there was a sudden, unforecast strong gust of wind, strong enough to lift the awning, despite the fact I had a privacy room up and extra awning tie downs.

I quickly got everything back down, but now when i retract the awning, it stops around an inch from closing. If I exert a little pressure, it appears that it's being blocked in the center, rather than the edges.

Looking a little harder, it appears on of the sections of the struts has bowed slightly, stopping the complete closure.

Anyone got any tips I could try to correct/adjust this - or is it one for a dealer?
Hi,

It wont be a simple matter unfortunately and you will need a dealer that is experienced in F iamma.

Without looking at it, it could well be a write off if the side arm is bent because these and the associated parts are expensive plus labour costs but your insurance should cover the replacement cost of a new awning.

If you are down our way, by all means call in and we will have alook for you.

Regards

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: <a href=http://www.outdoorbits.com/awnings-windbreaks

Thanks for advise ... I will probably be down there in a couple of weeks - and it can survive for a while ... may get in touch closer to time.

cheers

JohnsCrossMotorHomes said:
srd said:
Hi

I've a Fiamma F45i zip which has worked fine for the last 15 months. A couple of evenings ago, there was a sudden, unforecast strong gust of wind, strong enough to lift the awning, despite the fact I had a privacy room up and extra awning tie downs.

I quickly got everything back down, but now when i retract the awning, it stops around an inch from closing. If I exert a little pressure, it appears that it's being blocked in the center, rather than the edges.

Looking a little harder, it appears on of the sections of the struts has bowed slightly, stopping the complete closure.

Anyone got any tips I could try to correct/adjust this - or is it one for a dealer?
Hi,

It wont be a simple matter unfortunately and you will need a dealer that is experienced in F iamma.

Without looking at it, it could well be a write off if the side arm is bent because these and the associated parts are expensive plus labour costs but your insurance should cover the replacement cost of a new awning.

If you are down our way, by all means call in and we will have alook for you.

Regards

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,616 Posts
Re: <a href=http://www.outdoorbits.com/awnings-windbreaks

srd said:
Thanks for advise ... I will probably be down there in a couple of weeks - and it can survive for a while ... may get in touch closer to time.

cheers
srd said:
Hi,

You will be welcome any time, I would advise that you put a couple of cable ties on the awning to stop any chance of it deploying as it may not be properly locked in and could come out.

The tie will go behind the awning mounting and round the leading edge.

Peter
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top