Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of fitting a Fiamma 360 back box to the cycle carrier to put the Lafuma's in, mainly. I would need to take it off after each trip so I would appreciate it if anybody could tell me how they fit and if they are pleased with theirs.

Also if any one knows of a good 'second user' one available I woul be interested, I find the price of new ones hard to believe. 8O

Many thanks,

John 8)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi John

I have one that i used to fit onto the back of a T4 camper with a fiamma cycle rack. They are quite easy to fit, and have t-head nuts inside the box which you tighten onto shaped metal plates, to pull on u-bolts that fit round the rack. There are 4 fixing points, in a square, top and bottom which align with the main vertical bar of the bike rack. So you have to tighten 8 t-headed nuts, which is easy by hand.

I'm going to use if for my current van as soon as i can get around to it, it used to carry all the kids summers gubbins, or it could take a proper inflateable boat and outboard motor.

The box is dry, and handy, though does attract a bit of traffic muck in the right conditions.

I can't remember what model mine is, its the biggest one though, and i can carry carry it ok, its just a bit of a game storing it.

I would say its a 5 - 10 minute job to put it on or take it off. I keep all the mounting bits in a margarine tub which lives inside the box when its not on the van.

picked mine up at the Stratford show as shop soiled and scratched in 1999, it was 170 quid instead of £250 i think.

Dave

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hi Jabber,

We have back box fitted onto bike rack,it is left on permanently though,have a look in MMM for second hand ones,if you are going to Stratford Show usually someone selling them privately,that's how we got ours.

If you need it we have a Fiamma back box onto bike rack fixing kit still in box £15 plus p.p.Easy to fix,i never got in a sweat watching Dave fix it on anyway :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.